shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Re: Abec platform parts/or replacement

You might try an inquiry to David LaBounty. He makes club foot wheels like that one, and is reasonable in his prices.

scott64a

Jul 31, 2013
Harvard, MA
Region
ISO door lock for Scottish Case Clock mid 18th century

Hey all , trying to source a door lock for a Scottish case clock.

It's from a maker in Aberdeen if that helps.

shimmystep

Mar 5, 2012
Cambridge, UK
Country
Region
Re: Abec platform parts/or replacement

shutterbug;1017646 said:
You might try an inquiry to David LaBounty. He makes club foot wheels like that one, and is reasonable in his prices.
Thanks shuts. I've found one now, from a platform which had a broken shaft so was cheap. Nice thing about the Abec platforms is the often interchangeable parts.

manfromblan

NAWCC Member
Jan 29, 2005
Blanchester, Ohio
Country
Region
Hermle Auto Beat

Needing an auto beat verge for a Hermle 451 series movement. The suppliers I have checked do not carry them, anyone knows if they are available?

sparkplug85

Apr 17, 2010
Need Morbier clock part

I need a complete lower bushing assembly for a crown wheel Morbier. Thanks Sparky

leeinv66

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Mar 31, 2005
Launceston Tasmania
Country
Region
Re: Need Morbier clock part

For my latest project ( See Here ) I am in need of the missing intermediate wheel from the motion works of this Ansonia lever 8 day movement. Has anyone the wheel or a parts movement they would part with?

265026.jpg

scottmiami

May 14, 2014
Country
Region

leeinv66;1022099 said:
For my latest project ( See Here ) I am in need of the missing intermediate wheel from the motion works of this Ansonia lever 8 day movement. Has anyone the wheel or a parts movement they would part with?

265026.jpg
Maybe. Sent a PM

leeinv66

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Mar 31, 2005
Launceston Tasmania
Country
Region

leeinv66;1022099 said:

265026.jpg
This post can be archived as I found a motion works of the right diameter (different tooth count) that I have made fit.

265156.jpg

shimmystep

Mar 5, 2012
Cambridge, UK
Country
Region

sparkplug85;1021423 said:
I need a complete lower bushing assembly for a crown wheel Morbier. Thanks Sparky
you may need to be more specific sparky, got a pic? Do you mean the small brass bush that the crown wheel pivot sits in and can be adjusted for engagement/height?

me1004

Apr 10, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Re: Need Ingraham clock part

Seek Trip Wheel Hook or full trip wheel mechanism/assembly for Ingraham electric clock. Mine is the SSC3 model from around 1951, but this part comes in some other models too, such as the SSD1. The hook on mine is broken. This picture (click on it to see it larger) is from the SSD1 model.
ssd1TripWheelAssy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Re: Need Ingraham clock part

me1004;1022661 said:
Seek Trip Wheel Hook or full trip wheel mechanism/assembly for Ingraham electric clock. Mine is the SSC3 model from around 1951, but this part comes in some other models too, such as the SSD1. The hook on mine is broken. This picture (click on it to see it larger) is from the SSD1 model.
ssd1TripWheelAssy.jpg

PM me. I think I have one.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeBY

Feb 5, 2015
Huntington Beach, CA
Country
Region
Need Hammer Detent Arm for Schatz Royal Mariner Ship's clock

Hi,
I just got in a Schatz Royal Mariner Ship's bell clock and it's MISSING the Hammer Detent arm assembly.. Before I send this back as un-repairable. I'm hoping someone has a doner movement and has the arm available.
I need the hindged arm assembly and the c-clip that holds it on the post.
The post is there.. Here is a picture of the clock along with a picture of one that is complete.
Please PM or reply back if you can help, and the cost.
Thanks in advance !
Michael 265266.jpg 265267.jpg

TonyR

NAWCC Member
Mar 4, 2005
Pendulum need

Hi, guys, got one of those Seth Thomas 124 movements with the half weird barrels designed by the children of darkness. Anyway, I need a pendulum bob for it. Anyone know what the correct weight for one of these pendulums should be?

Regards,

TonyR.

carabe01

New User
Feb 8, 2014
Looking for Schatz mantle clock parts

Hi all;

Im looking for a Schatz W3 triple chime movement with escapement and a Schatz 8 rod chime block. both are for a mantle clock, chime block is the longer length version (not the ones used in the carriage clocks). If you have one or the other , please let me know.

CajunClock

Mar 17, 2016
Baton Rouge Louisiana
Country
Region
Re: Looking for Schatz mantle clock parts

I just got this Herschede grandmother clock from a thrift store. To say it was in bad shape would be a gross understatement. Door was broken in 4 places, which I have already glued back together. The works look like have been stored in a leaky barn for a decade.

Anyway, I am in need of a suspension spring. Anyone know what number it is, or even something that would work in it's place? I don't know what to look for on the websites.
Herschede 08121 on the works
model 328 on the clock base 266925.jpg 266926.jpg 266927.jpg 266928.jpg

Last edited:

shimmystep

Mar 5, 2012
Cambridge, UK
Country
Region

sparkplug85;1023063 said:
Hi; thanks for the reply--yes that is what I need
Think you'll need to make one sparky, or have someone make one for you.

CajunClock

Mar 17, 2016
Baton Rouge Louisiana
Country
Region

Thanks Harold. I ordered it!

CajunClock

Mar 17, 2016
Baton Rouge Louisiana
Country
Region
Herschede grandmother

Same clock, different problem. One of the weights must have been dropped and the hook broke off. Any ideas anyone? 267021.jpg 267022.jpg

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Re: Herschede grandmother

That is another part Timesavers will likely have. Something like 22952 could work, depending on the size of the screw on yours. Measure it first, as this one is 4mm. They also have 5 and 6 mm pieces.

CajunClock

Mar 17, 2016
Baton Rouge Louisiana
Country
Region
Re: Herschede grandmother

Thanks again Harold. I got it added to my order just in time!

CajunClock

Mar 17, 2016
Baton Rouge Louisiana
Country
Region

harold bain;1026736 said:
Something like Timesavers part # 24687 should work, Cajun.
www.timesavers.com
Got the spring in today. The hole was too small for the pin to go through. I tried to save it by drilling it out. Needless to say, it didn't work out. Any idea of another spring with a bigger hole than this, but still a very small spring?
The original broken one was plastic on each end if that helps?

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region

Call Timesavers to see what they have. I would have just used suitably sized wire to hold it on if the pin didn't fit. Been there, done that.

S

Scot Wagar

Telechron Advertising Clock Parts

I'm looking for the chrome ring that goes on the outside of my light up 1950's Telechron advertising clock that holds the glass.
Also would like to find a good source of Pam advertising clock parts as well.

jetpilot1234@yahoo.com

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Re: Need Ingraham Nyanza Finial.....Help!!!!

An original might be a hard search, but I would think a skilled wood lathe operator could make one that would look original if it comes to that.

Colin Drake

NAWCC Member
Feb 9, 2015
Tacoma, Wa
Country
Region
Need hands for a Seth Thomas boat clock. The dial is 4 and 3/4 inches in diameter. The hour hand is 1 inch long.
271959.jpg 271960.jpg
Due to the very small size of the square that the hand sits on, it will be quite difficult to mix and match. I have an estimated 2000 clock hands at my disposal, and none are quite right. I have considered making my own collet, however, it would be nearly impossible for me to cut a nice square that size with what I have. We are willing to pay. Pleas message me through my email colindrake32@yahoo.com

Last edited:

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Re: Clock Parts Wanted

Just did one of those. You're going to love getting it back together after you take it apart for cleaning! ;)

R. Croswell

Apr 4, 2006
Trappe, Md.
www.greenfieldclockshop.com
Country
Region
Re: Vienna regulator pulleys

Artillero;1038129 said:
Looking for a set of three antique 4 or five spoke brass pulleys for a Vienna regulator. They can be plain or have swirl spokes and approximately 1 " diameter. Please send a message to: ricardo.juan.blanco@gmail.com
Try eBay and you may well find an old original set. New ones are available from most suppliers such as www.timesavers.com

Artillero

NAWCC Member
Feb 22, 2014
Nevada and California
Country
Region

Thank you. I have been looking on e-bay and haven't found much in the way of antique pulleys. With few exceptions they all appear to be recent manufacture. I would like to get a good set of period correct pulleys if I can track some down.

R. Croswell

Apr 4, 2006
Trappe, Md.
Country
Region

Artillero;1038144 said:
Thank you. I have been looking on e-bay and haven't found much in the way of antique pulleys. With few exceptions they all appear to be recent manufacture. I would like to get a good set of period correct pulleys if I can track some down.
See private message I just sent to you.

RC

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008

Did you correct the line? If so, what happened? I don't think you ever stated just how short you were on the run time, but different pulleys won't change things very much.
Willie X

Artillero

NAWCC Member
Feb 22, 2014
Nevada and California
Country
Region

Willie,
I am almost finished measuring the duration of the wind. Tomorrow at midnight it will be seven days and I have 2 1/8 inches of travel remaining. The pendulum has dropped 12 7/8 inches so far so I should be just shy of 7 days total duration when the test is completed.

Artillero

NAWCC Member
Feb 22, 2014
Nevada and California
Country
Region

Sir,
Attached are some fotos of the Vienna Regulator clock in question as requested. I am interested in hearing your opinion. the weights look like they would be original to the movement. The seller told me that the weights, pulleys and pendulum bob were all refinished. I suspect that the pendulum is a period replacement as the hangar has a serial number on it and looks like some that I have seen on Gebruder Resch clocks, while the movement is unmarked and un-serialized. The pendulum fits though and the clock keeps very good time.

Regards,
Artillero 263439.jpg 263582.jpg 272392.jpg 272393.jpg 272394.jpg 272395.jpg 272396.jpg

R. Croswell

Apr 4, 2006
Trappe, Md.
Country
Region

It looks quite nice. If the pulleys were the simpler design with just the "U" shaped hanger the pulley would be closer to the weight, and could be wound a little higher, which would give a bit longer run time. Obviously a smaller pulley would also allow the weight to be wound a bit higher still. Not sure it would be worth the effort as it looks nice as it is.

RC

Artillero

NAWCC Member
Feb 22, 2014
Nevada and California
Country
Region

Thank you for taking a look at the clock. To my untrained eye, it looks like everything goes together even though I am sure that there are some small bits and pieces that are replacements. There is a three pulley set available for me to purchase which are a bit smaller and probably more in line with the Altdeutsch design of the clock. They would give me close to a half inch more run. I looked at the winding cylinder and it does not have grooves so when it is wound the cord just tends to bunch up on one side.

R. Croswell

Apr 4, 2006
Trappe, Md.
Country
Region

Artillero;1039037 said:
Thank you for taking a look at the clock. To my untrained eye, it looks like everything goes together even though I am sure that there are some small bits and pieces that are replacements. There is a three pulley set available for me to purchase which are a bit smaller and probably more in line with the Altdeutsch design of the clock. They would give me close to a half inch more run. I looked at the winding cylinder and it does not have grooves so when it is wound the cord just tends to bunch up on one side.
The cord should be very flexible and not want to take any particular shape on its own. Unless the cord is stiff or is of a material that has taken a set it should not bunch up as long as you start with the empty spool and keep tension on the cord while it is being wound.

RC

savage

New User
Jun 16, 2016
Kidderminster
Country
Region
Re: Clock Parts Wanted

273147.jpg 273148.jpg
I Purchased this mechanism (Photos) to replace a broken one unfortunately it does not fit in my case so decided to build a case.
I then realised that my Hands also don't fit and I don't have a small enough caliper to measure the size of the hands I need.

Does anyone know more about this dual chime movement, all I know it that there is a crossed arrow (HAC) stamped with the numbers 339 there seems to be a gap between the 33 and the 9.
If someone could help me identify the movement and if at all possible the size of the hands needed, i would be most grateful.

Chris

NAWCC Business
Nov 4, 2001
Ellsworth, Maine
clocksbychristopher.com
Country
Region
Seth Thomas 48s movement needed plus other parts

I need a good ST 48s round time and strike movement for a crystal regulator. PM me if you have one.

Also, looking for a movement for a ST radio room phenolic case clock.

Also looking for a mainspring, barrel and ratchet for a Chelsea picture frame clock (one of the Abercrombie and Fitch style ones).

Thanks! Chris.

PowerClocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 3, 2004
Queensland Australia
Country
Region
French Clock Needs a bit of Repair

Hi, I bought a French Mantle Clock and it looked ok but the bezel is too small for the case, I never noticed it when I was looking at it since it was tightened in so tight it did not move, any way its too small being made to fit a hole in the case of 93mm, I need one to fit a case opening of 97mm so I can make the clock correct again, is there anyone who wants to swap or sell me a bezel like the one pictured? it fits a 93mm hole. If I have incorrectly posted in the wrong section could you please shift it and let me know where requests of this nature are to be posted. Thank you.
273593.jpg

Tim Orr

NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Member
Donor
Sep 27, 2008
Boulder CO
Country
Region
Re: French Clock Needs a bit of Repair

Good evening, all!

Need the pendulum "bob" for a Niagara electric torsion clock. Please PM me if you have one to sell. I have one for a Tiffany Never-Wind. It's not the right type and is too big.

Thanks!

Best regards!

Tim Orr

gocush

Jun 24, 2016
Olympia, Washington
Country
Region
Missing Mauthe FMS pendulum leader and suspension sprine

I need a suspension spring and leader for a Mauthe FMS wall clock. The number stamped on the works is 93422. The photo shows same parts from a very similar works I have with works # 38918

273818.jpg

JustinGr

Jun 14, 2016
Bedford
Country
Region
Re: Missing Mauthe FMS pendulum leader and suspension sprine

Looking for a Seth Thomas 1.241 complete movement with either pinned or screw plate attachment, prefer one with a 42 tooth EW.

I scavenged a 30 hour OG to get my column clock running, and now focusing on getting this clock running.

Coolyus5712

Sep 13, 2009
Country
Part For Hermle 132-071

Need Part # E005-01810 - Welle f Schlagabsteller.( stop lever )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boriss_k
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-