Clock parts wanted Obsolete older posts II

DC George

May 30, 2014
near Flint MI
Finding a correct replacement verge

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find a replacement verge for two movements that are identical. (Brewster&Ingrahams 8 days) I counted the escape wheel teeth to be 46 and in the timesavers catalog it says the number of teeth to be embraced should be 10. Is the teeth embraced the number of teeth between the two pallets of the verge?

Any help you can offer me is greatly appreciated, I don't want to order the wrong part.

cheers, DC

Tinker Dwight

Oct 11, 2010
Calif. USA
Re: Finding a correct replacement verge

Yes, they mean the teeth between the pallets.
Fitting pallets require more than a tooth count.
It is unlikely that a verge ordered from a catalog will work
without some adjustment.
Are the originals recoil or deadbeat?
tinker Dwight

DC George

May 30, 2014
near Flint MI
Re: Finding a correct replacement verge

Thanks. I had figured on them needing some modification to work properly since they don't sell verges for individual movements. They are recoil.

bobclock0

New User
Jul 25, 2012
W & H clock

hi can you help i need the 4th gear from a w &h bracket clock .from the ting tang side thanks bob

shimmystep

Mar 5, 2012
Cambridge, UK
Country
Region
Re: W & H clock

Hi Bob

it is pretty unlikely you will find a straight replacement. And may need to have one made and mounted. What is the damage? have you pictures? is it repairable by fitting a new tooth or two?

bobclock0

New User
Jul 25, 2012

hi the brass gear as melted (to much heat)and the spigot is damaged thanks for the reply .bob

G

gww

Need Seth Thomas 5165-A movement or parts, where?

Hello,

I posted a number of years ago looking for an escapement, back plate, and associated parts. This is one of the old Navy Bakelite cased clocks with a 6" dial. I would really love to get this old clock running again. It needs a 5165-A movement. At the very least I need a new style escapement part no. R-20666, Back Plate no. R20709, and screws R18531.

Thanks for any help.

George

Keith Doster

Mar 31, 2011
Chester SC
Country
Region
Kieninger HTU 9 tube parts needed

Greetings. I am looking for the escape wheel and verge assembly for a Kieninger HTU 9 tube GFC movement. Picture is attached. Since this is a jeweled movement, I don't have high hopes that anyone has one of these sitting around in their parts bin. But hey, stranger things have happened.

I am also open to suggestions as to where I might find these parts. I checked with Butterworth's and they suggested I check with Black Forest Imports. I'm going there next, but thought I'd stop by here first.

Thanks!!

256974.jpg

Keith Doster

Mar 31, 2011
Chester SC
Country
Region
Re: Kieninger HTU 9 tube parts needed

PS to the above post: BFI has the verge, but no escape wheel and no access to one. sigh . . .

Dick Feldman

Sep 1, 2000
Colorado, usa
Country
Region

Keith Doster;1004453 said:
PS to the above post: BFI has the verge, but no escape wheel and no access to one. sigh . . .
What is the matter with your escape wheel/verge assembly?
David LaBounty could make an escape wheel, if needed.

Dick

Keith Doster

Mar 31, 2011
Chester SC
Country
Region

Hey Dick. Someone (else) tried to adjust the pallets and damaged the escape wheel teeth. Plus the clutch mechanism on the verge is quite loose. I am assuming there is no practical way to repair that clutch, but I can get a new verge reasonably priced from BFI. They don't carry the EW. Looks like I may be giving Mr. LaBounty a call if no one has this lying around.

Dick Feldman

Sep 1, 2000
Colorado, usa
Country
Region

Keith Doster;1004482 said:
Hey Dick. Someone (else) tried to adjust the pallets and damaged the escape wheel teeth. Plus the clutch mechanism on the verge is quite loose. I am assuming there is no practical way to repair that clutch, but I can get a new verge reasonably priced from BFI. They don't carry the EW. Looks like I may be giving Mr. LaBounty a call if no one has this lying around.
Keith,

I sent you a PM on this

Dick

shimmystep

Mar 5, 2012
Cambridge, UK
Country
Region

bobclock0;1003793 said:
hi the brass gear as melted (to much heat)and the spigot is damaged thanks for the reply .bob
Sounds as though you will need to get a new wheel made. Can you post a picture? I don't know what you mean by 'spigot', I understand a spigot to be a valve/tap, not something you normally find on a clock :)

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region

shimmystep;1004519 said:
Sounds as though you will need to get a new wheel made. Can you post a picture? I don't know what you mean by 'spigot', I understand a spigot to be a valve/tap, not something you normally find on a clock :)
The damaged spigot could be why he couldn't put the fire out til after the gear melted.:whistle:

shimmystep

Mar 5, 2012
Cambridge, UK
Country
Region

harold bain;1004523 said:
The damaged spigot could be why he couldn't put the fire out til after the gear melted.:whistle:
Good detective work harold, it's all become clear :)

bangster

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 1, 2005
utah
Country
Region

harold bain;1004523 said:

I get it. No water. :Party:

gleber

Jun 15, 2015
Downingtown, Pennsylvania USA
www.myclocks.site
Country
Region
Seth Thomas No 10J Escape Wheel

Oops, sorry, meant to reply to the Parts Wanted thread, but hit "New Post" instead of "Reply."

Hi all,

I just bought a Seth Thomas Engine Lever (Ships Bell) clock with a broken escape wheel tooth. I'm looking for the escape wheel or will consider an entire donor carcass if anyone has one available.

257764.jpg 257887.jpg
Thanks,
Tom

Last edited:
G

Georgegrl

Replacement Motor needed

I am repairing a clock and need a replacement motor. The original is an ingraham model 17. It has 8 teeth. Thanks.

bangster

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 1, 2005
utah
Country
Region
Re: Seth Thomas No 10J Escape Wheel

gleber;1006713 said:
Oops, sorry, meant to reply to the Parts Wanted thread, but hit "New Post" instead of "Reply."

Hi all,

I just bought a Seth Thomas Engine Lever (Ships Bell) clock with a broken escape wheel tooth. I'm looking for the escape wheel or will consider an entire donor carcass if anyone has one available.

257764.jpg 257887.jpg
Thanks,
Tom

Let me get back to you on that. I may have a lead. When I know something, I'll shoot you a PM.

Gay Laster

Mar 9, 2015
looking for a J Unghans Vienna style movement for parts.

I asked if any one out there had an old movement in my first thread. I was asked to post a picture of the movement I am looking for . I'm still trying to figure out how to do that.Hope it works this time. 260178.jpg 260179.jpg 260184.jpg 260185.jpg 260177.jpg

Dick Feldman

Sep 1, 2000
Colorado, usa
Country
Region
Re: looking for a J Unghans Vienna style movement for parts.

Hello,

I have a similar parts movement. It is complete. The lantern pinion on the second wheel time side is missing two leaves. That is repairable but I am not sure of any secondary damage when that went bad. The one I have is quite worn as well. I am not sure of the pendulum length or BPH on the movement as I have not done a tooth count.

What parts do you need? I can measure the hand shaft length, the winding arbors, etc. if you have an interest.

If you want to buy the entire movement or any parts, please send me a PM on this board.

Best Regards,

Dick Feldman

Gay Laster

Mar 9, 2015

Not sure if I can name the parts I need correctly. I need the lifting cam on the center arbor that the clock hands are attached to.Also the rest of the lifting train,lower lever lifting assembly and upper locking lever assembly. I'm thinking that I would be interested in the whole movement if it is in my price range. Thanks for the reply,Hope we can work it out. Gay Laster

Dick Feldman

Sep 1, 2000
Colorado, usa
Country
Region

260397.jpg 260398.jpg 260399.jpg 260400.jpg 260401.jpg 260402.jpg

Here are some photos of the movement I have. The time barrel teeth seem to be OK, although the barrel spins due to the leaves on the second wheel pinion missing. I do not have a hammer arm or hammer, As you can see, the pendulum leader is not complete. Someone has soldered some tabs on the bottom of it. Other than that, I think the movement is complete. The white on the rear plate of this movement is residue from some sort of sticker. This one looks very similar or identical to yours.

From your photos, it looks like there may have been some alteration to your time spring barrel. This one looks to be OK.

Email me at Fourburros@aol.com if you think you can use this one.

Best Regards,

Dick Feldman

time is money

Jun 30, 2013
Needed Sessions Dulciana minute hand

I have searched the internet extensively to try to find a set of hands or 1 replacement hand for a Sessions Dulciana mantle clock . i did find a photo of a set of used hands which are identical to the one's that I need but they were already sold. Does anyone have a set available for sale or know where I can locate a set? Any help would be appreciated 260690.jpg

newbee

New User
Jan 16, 2016
Country
need parts for antique quail cuckoo clock

Hello all, I am looking for a movement for a large quail cuckoo clock. The movement I have is marked william f sprague and is a cast plate clock. I am finding no parts on ebay for this clock or anywhere else so any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Newbee

Randy Beckett

NAWCC Member
May 23, 2012
Mt. Pleasant, Tx
Country
Region
Re: need parts for antique quail cuckoo clock

Hi Newbee, and welcome to the message board.

The first question that comes to my mind is if the movement you have is complete and/or repairable. Could you post pictures of your old movement? Perhaps someone can offer advice on repairing it, or will recognize it and can offer a suitable replacement option.

Dick Feldman

Sep 1, 2000
Colorado, usa
Country
Region
Re: HAMMOND NEON CLOCK SPIN to START MOTOR

I think this would do better in the electric horology part of the board.

Also---if you want to the clock to keep time, it MUST have the correct RPM. Please supply specs from the motor and how about a few pictures, both inside and outside.
It is unlikely you will find a motor, but someone out there may be able to repair yours.

What is wrong with your clock motor?

Dick

Jeremy Woodoff

NAWCC Member
Jun 30, 2002
Brooklyn
Country
Region
Waterbury time only cottage movement

I'm looking for a Waterbury time-only cottage clock movement. It winds at 11 and there is 1 inch between the center and winding arbors. It was used in several different models; the one pictured is the case I have.

261373.jpg

Jeremy Woodoff

NAWCC Member
Jun 30, 2002
Brooklyn
Country
Region
Jerome mini-cottage movement needed

I know this is a very long shot, but I need the movement and dial for this Jerome mini cottage clock. The movement and dial pictured are from another clock; I have only the case.

261374.jpg 261375.jpg

tracysharp

New User
Feb 13, 2016
Country

Someone replaced the motor with a battery movement. Trying to locate a Hammond movement that would work. Thanks Dick

newbee

New User
Jan 16, 2016
Country

Hello, It skips on the quail side and it is missing the cuckoo bird rod. I cant see any thing wrong other than the tension wire is missing from above the lift arm. Sorry if my terminology is not correct, I am, after all, a newbee. Thanks for any help you can give.
Newbee

Rockin Ronnie

NAWCC Member
Nov 18, 2012
Greenfield, Nova Scotia
antiquevintageclock.com
Country
Region

Hi. I acquired a Gustav Becker 2 weight regulator recently. The movement is a GB Braunau #307810 made in late 1902. I am missing a star / snail gear which is located just below the hour / minute gears. The photo below shows the missing star / snail gear.
261497.jpg

It would be nice to have the whole movement so that I could interchange parts but if you have a snail / star gear or know of someone who does please send me a PM. It must be from a Braunau movement as the Selisia ones were designed a little differently.

Ron

xrperry

May 23, 2010
post falls idaho
Country
Region
new haven santa clara

Hi everybody, i am looking for a minute hand for a new haven santa clara. I dont have a pic but it is kinda Maltese cross looking and brass color

pjbeville@hotmail.com

NAWCC Member
Feb 18, 2016
Country
Sessions Run and Calendar Movement

I'm looking for a run and calendar movement for my Sessions Calumet Baking Powder advertising wall clock. It has an 18" drop with 1 3/4" distance between winding pinion and minute hand shaft.

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Re: Sessions Run and Calendar Movement

Ebay has many stray clock movements.

Bill_Kearns

NAWCC Member
Oct 16, 2015
Country
Clock Parts Wanted

I recently purchased a Schatz Royal Mariner barometer which I later found out had a broken thermometer. I'm interested in purchasing a used one from anyone who might have one, or a barometer with a broken bellows but which has a good thermometer.

rpm7653@aol.com

NAWCC Member
Jan 31, 2009
Wanted: Vienna Style 4 post mounting bracket for clock movement.

Looking to purchase a mounting bracket for a Vienna Style 3 weight movement. Four pillar type. Let me know if you can help.
Ron

leeinv66

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Mar 31, 2005
Launceston Tasmania
Country
Region
Re: Wanted: Vienna Style 4 post mounting bracket for clock movement.

Unfortunately, these are not often interchangeable from one make of movements to another. You will need to provide some measurements otherwise you may well end up with a bracket you cannot use.

f.webster

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
Country
Region

I am looking for a winding arbor for a Seth Thomas no. 124 movement. The one I am replacing has the key post broken off (and so is the click). The gear has 60 teeth. Key size 3.

Thanks for looking.

shimmystep

Mar 5, 2012
Cambridge, UK
Country
Region
Abec Platform escapement/ or 'scape wheel from the same.

Would appreciate you folks seeing if you have an escapement wheel from a fairly common platform escapement. It is an Abec platform, commonly found on English Smiths clocks. Happy to pay for the wheel or the whole platform of course. You can see in the pic that some of the EW teeth are shot.

Thanks very much :)

'scape wheel diameter 6.40mm
8 leaf pinion (.25mod)
Total arbour length 8.53mm
Pinion drop engagement range 2.5-4.5mm
Platform 31mm x 23mm (though not crucial)

263171.jpg 263172.jpg 263173.jpg 263174.jpg

scaryharry

Nov 15, 2015
The Burgh'
Country
Region
Re: Abec Platform escapement/ or 'scape wheel from the same.

If anyone has a topper that would fit a Mauthe free swinger I would like to purchase. The top of the case is 15" from outer corner to outer corner.
Thank you.

263201.jpg

shimmystep

Mar 5, 2012
Cambridge, UK
Country
Region
Abec platform parts/or replacement

Apologies mods, know I should only keep this in parts wanted, but need a bit more exposure for a few days.

Would appreciate you folks seeing if you have an escapement wheel from a fairly common platform escapement. It is an Abec platform, commonly found on English Smiths clocks. Happy to pay for the wheel or the whole platform of course would be great. You can see in the pic that some of the EW teeth are shot.

Thanks very much :)

'scape wheel diameter 6.40mm
8 leaf pinion (.25mod)
Total arbour length 8.53mm
Pinion drop engagement range 2.5-4.5mm
Platform 31mm x 23mm (though not crucial)

263174.jpg 263173.jpg 263172.jpg 263171.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodrigo
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-