• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Clock parts wanted Obsolete older posts II

Walt Wallgren

NAWCC Member
Aug 16, 2012
Bay Area, California
Country
Region
Re: Clock Parts Wanted

shutterbug;991491 said:
Looking for a chime select lever for Jauch GF
HI Shut,

Try this guy. I got some Jauch parts from him a few years ago. He said he used to work for Emperor Clocks and has a lot of Jauch parts on hand.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama
klokdok@juno.com

Hope he has what you need,
Walt

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region

Thanks, Walt!

MikeBY

Feb 5, 2015
Huntington Beach, CA
Country
Region
Wanted: Bezel and glass for HAC/HAU mantel clock.

Looking for the Bezel preferably with glass for this HAC mantel clock. It's 6" in diameter.
The hinge is there, and the Bezel latches against a small nub on the dial surround.

Thanks.

251717.jpg

Jeff Girard

New User
Nov 18, 2015
Victoria, British Columbia
Country
Region
Brocot Adjustor for a Fritz Marti Et Fils movement

I need a Brocot Adjustor for a Fritz Marti Et Fils movement manufactured in 1900.

As this is French movement I checked on eBay.fr, but found nothing. I did manage to find 3 on eBay.co.uk, but all were about 4mm too long. My part is 6cm long.

The 6cm steel rod has a brass gear at the end and this gear must be secure, mine spins making any adjustment impossible.

I tried soldering the gear and when that failed I tried Super Glue. However neither achieved my goal.

I then tried a local watchmaker with "60 years experience," who unfortunately got the gear too hot and it melted into a lump of worthless brass. At 88 this watchmaker can well be forgiven, but he left me with in need of a replacement part.

The pendulum is an ornate gold sunburst, which is more than attractive, but has a CRUDE adjustment for the speed.

As such the adjustment mechanism on top of the movement is essential.

Any ideas where I might locate such a part?

Thank you.

Jeff

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Re: Brocot Adjustor for a Fritz Marti Et Fils movement

Have you tried shortening the ones that are too long, Jeff?

Jeff Girard

New User
Nov 18, 2015
Country
Region

Hi Harold,

I thought of that, but the difference in size is sufficient to completely remove the adjustment pin.

And I learned from "experience" that I can't do anything with the gear end having failed with soldering and Super Glue with my original part.

Still, good suggestion.

Jeff

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region

What is the adjustment pin? Do you mean the square end?? A file can back that up easily enough.

Jeff Girard

New User
Nov 18, 2015
Country
Region

Hi Harold,

I suppose you are right. I had hoped I might find the correct part, as I know they are out there, but failing that, surely 1 of the 3 offered on eBay could be modified to fit the clock mechanism.

I have contacted the seller to make sure that all the gears are solidly fixed….. because I know from "experience" how difficult they are to secure.

I was truly shocked when soldering didn't work and perhaps more so when Super Glue failed to have the slightest effect. Originally I believe the gear was crimped in place, which apparently I can not duplicate.

Thank you very much for the suggestion.

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region

Matching up French movement parts usually involves having the movement in hand along with a drawer full of parts to use trial and error to find the right part.

Jeff Girard

New User
Nov 18, 2015
Country
Region

Yes, I quite understand.

What I was "hoping" for is to find brocot adjustor shaft in the correct 6cm size, but even if I find what I am looking for, there is no guarantee that the gear will have the same number of teeth, which is essential.

Yes, shelves full of parts would come in handy.

My watchmaker, who got me started on this "hobby" (obsession), had a three car garage (that never once saw a car) full of clock parts…. and when he couldn't find a part, he'd make one.

I have not heard back from the seller in the UK yet, but how much time can one expect a seller to spend on a sale of this magnitude? ($20)

Working with 100+ year old clocks requires patience. I know that if I ask enough people politely, someone will come up with this part….. and usually they are just happy to see the part find an appropriate (happy) home. [After being paid, of course.]

Jeff

T

Ted Mueller

Search for Clock Parts for a Gustav Becker mantle clock

I am trying to locate clock parts for a Gustav Becker mantle clock, serial number 2479966 circa 1927. The pictures show views of the clock and what is needed:

1/4 chime barrel, (including the barrel main spring.)

If you have information that would help me find these parts please respond and thank you for your help.

Ted 252111.jpg 252112.jpg 252113.jpg 252114.jpg 252115.jpg 252116.jpg 252117.jpg

David S

NAWCC Member
Dec 18, 2011
Brockville, On Canada
Country
Region

Jeff is square end of the shaft rounded over, or is the square in the gear rounded out...or?

David

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Re: Search for Clock Parts for a Gustav Becker mantle clock

Ted Mueller;993172 said:
I am trying to locate clock parts for a Gustav Becker mantle clock, serial number 2479966 circa 1927. The pictures show views of the clock and what is needed:

If you have information that would help me find these parts please respond and thank you for your help.

Ted
If your only problem is the teeth on that barrel, this can be fixed.

Jeff Girard

New User
Nov 18, 2015
Country
Region

Hi David,

The end that protrudes through the porcelain face is square. The edge is SLIGHTLY rounded either machined that way or from wear. (Uses a standard watch key.)

The end with the gear is a post that I believe was crimped to hold the gear in place. It too is basically square although it was damaged in the over-heating that ruined the brass gear.

In retrospect when I saw how befuddled the 88 year old matchmaker was I should have thanked him politely and left with my part intact. (But I didn't)

Why do you ask….. if I may ask?

Jeff

Jeff Girard

New User
Nov 18, 2015
Country
Region

David S;993183 said:
Jeff is square end of the shaft rounded over, or is the square in the gear rounded out...or?

David
Hi David,

A second response, the gear is so badly damaged it is difficult to say exactly what it looked like, however it is a round gear with teeth….pretty much as all gears are.

There is a BEFORE photo of this part a couple of posts back, if that helps.

Jeff

jackthejeweler

NAWCC Member
Jun 30, 2009
part for repeater needed

252758.jpg 252757.jpg Hello all. I'm looking for a quarter rack for a repeating French carriage clock. The clock in the pic is the clock I need the part for. The part in the pic is from a different clock, but looks just like what I need. If youthink you have something for me, Please note that it's located under the hours rack, and pivots from the empty arbor located at about 2:00. If I don't find a part to work with, I'll have to make this from scratch, so as you can imagine,I'm a very motivated buyer. Thanks for looking around your shops for me. Jack.

Nuclear_Greyhound

Nov 24, 2015
Country
Re: part for repeater needed

Looking for a urgos Leader / Hanger. The ones used in the auto beat 32 movements. The leader is 4 1/2 inches long
252768.jpg

Tinker Dwight

Oct 11, 2010
Calif. USA
Re: Search for Clock Parts for a Gustav Becker mantle clock

Ted Mueller;993172 said:

Ted
You might look at the second wheel I'd suspect damage there as well.
Tinker Dwight

matthiasi

Dec 3, 2010
Kelowna
www.inhoffclocks.com
Country
Region
Mauthe W500 VII Quarter Chime Barrel Req'd

Looking for a 1/4 hour Chime Barrel & Lid for a Mauthe W500 VII.
I've got one that got butchered when the last person tried to install the lid.

Thx

Tom Archer

New User
Nov 14, 2015
Country
Re: Seth Thomas nut

I've just cleaned and restored a Seth Thomas station clock that dates from the early 1900's, but I'm missing one tiny part - the nut that goes on the threaded rod below the bob to fine tune the time keeping.

The rod itself is very thin - maybe 1/16" inch (I don't have a micrometer handy..) - does anyone know what thread this is likely to be, or where I might obtain a suitable nut?

ironhat

NAWCC Member
Jan 11, 2013
MS
Country
Region
NH Sauer's Regulator Botom Trim

253790.jpg 253789.jpg

Above is a picture of a New Haven Sauer's regulator clock. I was told it is missing the bottom trim piece. I have been told that this was a standard style case by NH to be used for different advertisements. I am hoping someone may have a junk/damaged case that they may be willing to part with said piece of trim.

ragobo

Apr 14, 2015
Barcelona
Country
Region
FFR Romanet Morbier chain driven movement

Looking for a FFR Romanet Morbier chain driven movement (like the one on this link). Movement or parts only are ok.

Oops sorry I intended to post on the Clock Parts Wanted thread, how could this post be moved there?

Last edited:

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Re: FFR Romanet Morbier chain driven movement

I moved it for you, ragobo ;)

Pam Brown

NAWCC Member
Mar 30, 2015
7" ships clock dial needed

I need a 7" dia metal dial 253947.jpg like the one in the attached pic. or as close as possible. It's a Coventry Astral clock.

Tks

O

oklahomarags

Looking for sale a ansonia columbia statue

Don DeMarcus

Aug 26, 2000
Country
Region
Re: Looking for sale a ansonia columbia statue

Are you looking to buy or sale the statue?

MillsDC

Dec 7, 2015
Country
Re: Morbier/Comtoise calendar wheel part

Hello,

I'm new here and looking for a wooden count wheel for an old Langdon and Jones movement.

Thanks
253888.jpg 254192.jpg

geo_gecko

Aug 30, 2015
Country

Looking for a idler gear for a Lenzkirch series 26 movement. Thanks.
254203.jpg

Jeff Salmon

Apr 11, 2002

I might have one. I have a collection of these wheels from various clocks, and I have a couple of complete movements that I can compare for a sample. PM me with your email address.

Jeff

Tinker Dwight

Oct 11, 2010
Calif. USA

MillsDC;997671 said:
Hello,

I'm new here and looking for a wooden count wheel for an old Langdon and Jones movement.

Thanks
253888.jpg 254192.jpg
I would think there is little load on the count wheel. This is a simpler repair.
Tinker Dwight

Don DeMarcus

Aug 26, 2000
Country
Region
Re: Looking for sale a ansonia columbia statue

oklahomarags;997449 said:
oklahomarags
do you want to buy or sell one?

MillsDC

Dec 7, 2015
Country

Tinker Dwight;997941 said:
I would think there is little load on the count wheel. This is a simpler repair.
Tinker Dwight
I got a 40% off coupon from Hobby Lobby this evening and got me some clay. I will try to make a mold of the gear this week and see if I can get it fixed. I'm not sure how well it will turn out, but we'll see.

john48

Jun 1, 2004
Ansonia (Comet) Carriage clock Parts wanted!

Hello all,
Just acquired this Ansonia (Comet) carriage clock. Would like to find parts, or clock for parts.
Need: Original dial, Front beveled glass, and Top handle. Thanks, John 254429.jpg

hugh DeLong

New User
Jul 28, 2015

Acquired a GB Mantle clock that works (needs cleaning)... only thing missing was the bezel and glass...
Serial # 2418997, freiburg logo on the left, Medaille logo on the right - appears to me to be an early 1922 model. I would consider a new bezel - looks like 6 1/2 inch one to me, but prefer 'original' replacement... Hugh
attachment.jpg attachment.jpg attachment.jpg attachment.jpg attachment.jpg attachment.jpg

prideofmatchingham

Dec 13, 2011
Kolkata, India
Country

Looking for 'nest of 8 bells' for a triple fusee bracket clock. Request help pl. Indicative picture is given below.
254931.jpg

Somebody having it is requested to message me.
thanks

Colin Drake

NAWCC Member
Feb 9, 2015
Tacoma, Wa
Country
Region

Does anyone have a spare chapter ring for this clock?
254430.jpg 254438.jpg
The inner diameter should be 4 1/2"
Outer diameter is 8 1/4"

It would probably look something like this
254898.jpg
Flat with Roman numerals. Maybe a little decoration.

Last edited:

jcoyote

NAWCC Member
Jan 4, 2015
Country
Region
Gilbert Hollywood Pendulum needed

Looking for the complete pendulum and cylinder bob in nickle finish for a Gilbert full sized Hollywood. Should be about a 9 inch rod with a regulating nut, a 1 inch leader, and a 3 inch ? long by half inch diameter bob. Thanks

Dick C

NAWCC Member
Oct 14, 2009
Country

Searching for a terminal block that was used in Telechron clocks.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

225110.jpg 225111.jpg

R

RonP

Re: Clock Parts Wanted: New Haven Beat Scale Pendulum plague

I have a New Haven 30 day clock "Rutland", I am looking for s New Haven Company beat scale plague (see attached) 256272.jpg

Walt Wallgren

NAWCC Member
Aug 16, 2012
Bay Area, California
Country
Region

Hi Ron,

Welcome to the message board.

There are 2 sources online that I go to. One is Merritt's in Pa. The other is Timesavers in Az. Both have replacement parts. Merritt has some old parts that they have from clocks that are damaged too much to repair.

My 2cents, yes it has some damage from the years, but why replace it? It is original. My own taste has me wanting to keep things as original as possible. Like I said, just my 2 cents.

Again, Welcome!

Walt

R

RonP

Thanks Walt and I agree woudl like to keep as close to original as possible. My current clock simply has a gold plate no writing, the attached image was pulled from a Rutland image that I found online, so ideally looking for old parts I check out Merritt's thanks again

Roger Hall

Jan 24, 2009

Looking for a replacement bar magnet for a Bulle clock. Just restored one but having trouble locating a replacement magnet. Original missing.
It is the long type for the four-glass case of late 1920's, around 120mm in length.
Alternatively a scrap clock can be considered.
Roger

Walt Wallgren

NAWCC Member
Aug 16, 2012
Bay Area, California
Country
Region

Ah, that makes sense. I assumed again and we all know what does. :whistle:

dickstorer

Oct 19, 2010
Hampton, Georgia
Country
Region
Depthing Tool

Any one out there in repair land that has a un-needed, used clock depthing tool they would like to sell? I am in the market. Please send PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timmyboy75
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent