Clock parts wanted Obsolete older posts II

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Re: Pendulum for a Swedish Mora clock needed

Looking for a dial for a Kienzle westminster clock. Its a mantel clock. Dial needed is about 7 inches in dia. If anyone has something close to it i will take more measurements of what is needed for the dial. Three holes for winding of course and one hole at top foks.r s and f . Also i would need a bezel and glass as well and hands too. Hoping someone may have something. Thanks.

Graybeard

Jan 6, 2014
New Jersey
Country
Re: Wanted: TO Movement for New Haven 3043

I saw a New Haven 3043 for sale online, the picture shows the movement marked "19".

Gordon Andersen

NAWCC Member
Oct 4, 2000
Re: Clock Parts Wanted

Hello all,
I have an ITR Time Recorder that needs a winding key. I have checked all of our regular suppliers without success. The largest key they all have available is a Number 23 which is identified as an 8mm. If any of you have any idea where I might locate one
of the correct size, pleases let me know.
Thanks,
Gordon Andersen
West Bend, Wisconsin
2fatcat@charter.net

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region

Gordon Andersen;932735 said:
Hello all,
I have an ITR Time Recorder that needs a winding key. I have checked all of our regular suppliers without success. The largest key they all have available is a Number 23 which is identified as an 8mm. If any of you have any idea where I might locate one
of the correct size, pleases let me know.
Thanks,
Gordon Andersen
West Bend, Wisconsin
2fatcat@charter.net
What is the correct size for your clock, Gordon??

prideofmatchingham

Dec 13, 2011
Kolkata, India
Country

I got this very intriguing single weight movement which is so tiny! Never seen something like that ever in my life. It is mere 94*70*30 H*W*D. any parts seem missing including hour and minute wheels, lever, canon pinion. May also have a side second, I dont know. Photos here

227986.jpg 227997.jpg 227987.jpg 227988.jpg 227989.jpg 227990.jpg 227991.jpg 227998.jpg 227992.jpg 227993.jpg 227999.jpg 227994.jpg

I want to restore this clock. Would appreciate help on parts. members may message me with part and cost.
Thanks

Gordon Andersen

NAWCC Member
Oct 4, 2000

harold bain;932739 said:
What is the correct size for your clock, Gordon??
Hi Harold,
I really don't know what size I need. I tried a 5/16"- 8 point socket and found
that it was too big. And a 1/4" is way too small. I found that in the British key numbering system that their number 23 key is identified as 8mm. I have been unable to locate any 4 or 8 point metric sockets. At this point, I am really at a loss. Thanks for your interest.
Gordon Andersen

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region

Well, a wind arbor has nothing in common with a hex nut to be useful for measuring. A quick micrometer measurement on a few of my loose movements gives a bit less than 6 mm across the flats of the wind arbor. Timesavers lists two keys for time recorders, a #20, 6.4 mm, and a #23, 7.0 mm. I would go with the first one, part # 29761.
www.timesavers.com

MartinM

Jun 24, 2011
El Dorado, CA
Country
Region

There are metric 8-point sockets out there; But, they're not easy to find. You'd be better off using a set of metric open-end wrenches (spanners) to find the correct size. If you don't have wrenches that small, just take it to a local mechanic who will probably check it out, for you, for free.
Actually... He'd likely just use a caliper or micrometer on it and give you the correct size (which I suspect is 9/32 inch. [.28125"]).
Why we're talking about metric on an American clock is something I'll not ask.
The mechanic may have an 8-point 9/32 inch socket if you want to go that route.

Last edited:

Ralph

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2002
Country

I have a number of master clocks needing dials. I need a couple of Landis/Frick dials I also need pendulums for these two clocks.

Ralph 228173.jpg 228174.jpg

Jmurrell

NAWCC Member
Apr 3, 2011
Southeastern Ohio
Country
Region

Hi I am working on a Webb C Ball Clock out of Cleveland, Ohio.

It has a round Waltham movement #23282.

The movement is missing the regulator for speed control.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these?

Thanks John

Jmurrell

NAWCC Member
Apr 3, 2011
Southeastern Ohio
Country
Region

Hi I posted a request for parts but I am not sure I did it correct as I posted it as a reply to Harold Bains.

I don't know if I should have started it as a new thread.

John

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region

Jmurrell;935576 said:
Hi I posted a request for parts but I am not sure I did it correct as I posted it as a reply to Harold Bains.

I don't know if I should have started it as a new thread.

John
It's fine, John. This is just one thread, and the older stuff gets deleted when it has been outdated or the part has been found.
One trick that might help you is the square bracket "[" You use that and the closing bracket to "quote" certain parts of the post you are referencing. The format (using parenthesis instead of the square bracket so it doesn't confuse the system) is: (quote) insert the quote you want to appear (/quote) which closes it. So in real mode it looks like this in your post:
insert the quote you want to appear
It's pretty handy. You could also use the "Reply With Quote" button (like I did at the beginning of this post), hightlight and copy it and then cancel. Move to the other thread, like this one, and paste it. It should have all of the necessary brackets in it already.

Last edited:
M

MickRenee

Seeking a clock part

Looking for a second hand for an old Seth Thomas "Globe" clock. I did take this to a clock repair shop and they tried all sorts of second hands, but none worked. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. This clock belonged to my husband's grandfather, and the repair shop was able to get it up and running, but it looks funny without the second hand. Thank you all in advance. Mich

MartinM

Jun 24, 2011
El Dorado, CA
Country
Region
Re: Seeking a clock part

Might I suggest one or more pictures of the clock in question be posted?
I didn't know the Globe even had a seconds hand.

bangster

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 1, 2005
utah
Country
Region

the older stuff gets deleted when it has been outdated
Actually, it doesn't get deleted. It just gets moved to an Older Parts Requests archive.

M

MickRenee

Yes, I will take a picture and post it. Thank you for the input.

229766.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MartinM

Jun 24, 2011
El Dorado, CA
Country
Region

I'm not sure if it would be appropriate; But, if the size is similar, I'd say the hand for a Seth Thomas Regulator #2 would work.
It might need to be trimmed a tad.
You could see what they look like on the big auction site.

You should probably wait a bit for responses from folks more familiar with your clock.

EDIT: It appears your clock is the "World" model and not the "Globe".
That may prompt more responses.
http://www.m80.net/db111/SethThomasClock/

Last edited:

Dave Diel

Feb 28, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Country

[LOOKING FOR URGOS 03XXX MOVEMENT WITH AUTOMATIC NIGHT SHUTOFF]

Will consider any condition, but it has to have auto night shutoff. 12 hammer models are preferable, but tubular movement may be acceptable if the price is right.

scott64a

Jul 31, 2013
Harvard, MA
Region
Need Waterbury Mvmt

It's from a customer's clock that wasn't working, and after opening it up, I found the fork and mainspring broken.

It's 2 3/16" diameter on the widest part of the plate, and 1 1/4" deep.

Waterbury.

Where do I find a replacement?

230277.jpg 230278.jpg 230279.jpg

scott64a

Jul 31, 2013
Harvard, MA
Region
Re: Need Waterbury Mvmt

The woman said her grandfather built the clock, and she doesn't know where he got the movement from. It winds at 6 in the front, and I'll be damned if I can't find another.

Ralph

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2002
Country

I need a painted dial for a Colonial Clock Co clock. I'm thinking there were a lot of surplus parts floating around from that company. Any chance anyone has a dial like this or know of someone who has ??

The dial measures 15 3/8" tall by 11 3/16" wide.

230336.jpg

Thanks, Ralph

Last edited:

Grantsim90

New User
Mar 5, 2015
Country

Looking for a few items,

a clock hand adjuster for a smith sectric Delhi major
a rear cover for a smiths bijoux motor

M

mattsrepairhobby

Looking for a New Haven clock movement #20 for a 8 day banjo clock.

Let me know if you have one or know where to find one

Thanks

seamore

Jan 27, 2013
Dover, Ohio
Country
Region
Ingraham Bim Bam mantel clock escapement wheel assembly & verge (48 teeth on wheel)

looking for escapement wheel assembly & verge for a bim bam ingraham mantel clock (48 teeth on wheel) it is stamped 12/28 on the plates can anyone help me please ?? These two parts are the only things i need to get clock running again any help would be great

THANKS
Seamore

MartinM

Jun 24, 2011
El Dorado, CA
Country
Region
Re: Ingraham Bim Bam mantel clock escapement wheel assembly & verge (48 teeth on whee

Looking for paper & carbon discs and station keys for a later model Dent watchclock (41 Pall Mall London address).

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Re: Ingraham Bim Bam mantel clock escapement wheel assembly & verge (48 teeth on whee

Need a plastic/acrylic lens for a clock. It is 6 inches and has a small lip on the bottom. Comes from a Boliva combination quartz clock and barometer wall hanger.
Thanks!

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country

shutterbug;940982 said:
Need a plastic/acrylic lens for a clock. It is 6 inches and has a small lip on the bottom. Comes from a Boliva combination quartz clock and barometer wall hanger.
Thanks!
You mean "Bulova," I presume. Or . . . ?

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region

Yes. Sorry :)

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region

Still not enough info to help. Is it round, square, concave, flat? Pictures may help, SB.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region

Sorry. Its round, 6" at the lip part, convex slightly. This might help :) 231098.jpg

celticprince59

NAWCC Member
Nov 28, 2007
Yeovil
www.celticclocks.co.za
Country
Region
Koma Midget

Hi

I need a barrel for a Koma Midget 400 day Torsion clock. It has the smaller spring 12 x 25.internal width of plates is 20mm, Barrel OD of teeth is 29.40 and thickness is 14.78..Please don't ask me to count the teeth...lol:rolleyes:

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:

MartinM

Jun 24, 2011
El Dorado, CA
Country
Region
Antoine Redier Alarm Clock

Looking for a back cover screw for an Antoine Redier alarm clock. Also any info on the clock would be appreciated if anyone were inclined to share.
This is a model I can't find any additional information about. It winds with a key as opposed to the more common model that winds by rotating the back cover.
The screw I'm in need of, as all of the external screws on this clock, (two in front and two in back) is a flat head as opposed to the other versions of the clock where the three screws on the front are slightly convex.
It has an intriguing wig wag escapement that I can't readily identify, as well. Very simple but also very active with just a little input. I think this is the first time in a movement that I've seen a design actually meant to actively disengage a pinion from a wheel as part of normal operation.

LaBounty

NAWCC Life Member
NAWCC Member
Aug 29, 2002
Mitchell, NE
www.abouttime-clockmaking.com
Country
Region
Re: Antoine Redier Alarm Clock

Our friend Bob Reichel is having problems posting and has asked if I'd post this parts request for him...

What he is looking for is an old part or a scan of the part that he can make. AJK "Original Kieninger" 5/70 RK 80cm tall case, movement, Pendulum leader.

Thanks!

celticprince59

NAWCC Member
Nov 28, 2007
Yeovil
www.celticclocks.co.za
Country
Region

Hi David

I will have a look at my Kieninger Longcase number and scan it in full size. Will scan it in in any case even if it is not the same number. Maybe they did not change them so often.

Andy

MikeBY

Feb 5, 2015
Huntington Beach, CA
Country
Region

Need a case for a Schatz Royal Mariner ships clock.
Have a clock with external open bell, but the case for the clock is cracked.

Ralph

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2002
Country

MartinM;940901 said:
Looking for paper & carbon discs and station keys for a later model Dent watchclock (41 Pall Mall London address).
These might help.

231460.jpg 231461.jpg

Ralph

LaBounty

NAWCC Life Member
NAWCC Member
Aug 29, 2002
Mitchell, NE
www.abouttime-clockmaking.com
Country
Region

celticprince59;942088 said:
Hi David,

Is this the one he is looking for? Sorry about rust as I have not got round to making the gathering pallet locking lever and service yet for mine.

231442.jpg 231439.jpg 231440.jpg
231441.jpg
Hey Andy-

Thanks for the photos! I'm not actually the one looking for this information so maybe the person I posted for will let us both know :).

MartinM

Jun 24, 2011
El Dorado, CA
Country
Region

Ralph;942106 said:
These might help.

231460.jpg 231461.jpg

Ralph
Thank you, so much, sir!
I'll try and make some based on your scans.
Any idea where one might find some originals?
I have a few of these clocks and would like to bring them up to the same level of inclusion as many of my other watchclocks with consumables, keys and stations if there were any.

Danno52661

NAWCC Member
Jan 29, 2013
Seth thomas Office #11 Parts Needed

Seth Thomas Clock Co., Thomaston, Conn., "Office No. 11" wall clock with a 30 day movement (no. 86T) I Need 14 Inch Round painted metal dial and I also Need the Pendulum and the second Hand so if someone could point me in the right direction I would be Very Grateful . Ht 18 3/4"

Thanks Dan

Randy Johnson

Mar 30, 2005
Gadsden, AL
Country
Region
Cuckoo Chain

Hello!

I need a 42 links-per-foot chain for a large and very old Herr 8-Day cuckoo clock. Please e-mail (pm) details & cost. Thanks!

- Randy

231656.jpg

MartinM

Jun 24, 2011
El Dorado, CA
Country
Region
Re: Cuckoo Chain

Is this chain any different that those that come up in a Google search for "42 links per foot"? All of the usual suspects seem to offer it.
Possibly, you're just needing for the patina?

Randy Johnson

Mar 30, 2005
Gadsden, AL
Country
Region

MartinM;942582 said:
Is this chain any different that those that come up in a Google search for "42 links per foot"? All of the usual suspects seem to offer it.
Possibly, you're just needing for the patina?
Thanks Martin. I've seen several of those you're referring to but they're from overseas ...so I'm trying to find something a bit closer for shipping costs and time. Two popped-up on eBay back in November before I needed one. I bought one last week that turned out to be 43 LPF when it arrived. I've got a drawer full of cuckoo chains in about every size I've seen, but no 42s.
I'm willing to do my own tarnish-to-match if I can just find one to fit. ;)

MartinM

Jun 24, 2011
El Dorado, CA
Country
Region

If you can't use the longcase chain, you might have to go with finding a Schatz parts clock.

MikeBY

Feb 5, 2015
Huntington Beach, CA
Country
Region
Case for Schatz Royal Mariner Open Bell ship's clock

I have a Schatz Royal Mariner brass ship's clock with open bell. It has several cracks in the case, so I'm looking for another brass case to use. 231714.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Morbier
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Illinois Watch Company by Kent