Clock made in USSR. No one seems to know much about it.

Teckelhut

NAWCC Member
May 10, 2021
Oregon
www.teckelhut.com
Country
Region
Picked up this 1 day clock for a song today. Runs beautifully and accurately. Did some searching around on the internet and cannot find much about it. Did find a couple similar but not by this particular maker. I posted it over at the NAWCC FB page and no one seems to have an answer. Anyone here have any ideas? Thanks! (Photos taken at an angle because straight on gave a flash reflection on the metal)

USSR clock.jpg

Close up USSR clock.jpg

Close up USSR clock brand.jpg

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
These Russian wall clocks were made in the Serdobsky clock factory in the mid-20th century and come with various illustrations on the dial - some of mythical fairy tale figures as this one, others of famous events in Soviet history (e.g. Battleship Aurora).

These clocks are simply made but run well and are reliable.

The Serdobsky clock factory also uses the name Majak (Mayak).

JTD

Teckelhut

NAWCC Member
May 10, 2021
Oregon
www.teckelhut.com
Country
Region
Thank you ever so much! Majak is the other name I came across but I did not know they were connected. Do you have any idea who the mythical character is on my clock?

I agree with you on the construction of the clock. Simply made, loud tick, but spot on accurate in keeping time. I'm impressed!

Teckelhut

NAWCC Member
May 10, 2021
Oregon
www.teckelhut.com
Country
Region
Did a little move research. The fairy tale character is called Ivan the Fool on the Humpbacked Horse. From the fairy tale The Humpbacked Horse. Thank you all ever so much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rosscoid
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller