• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

Clock information

Florin21

Sep 11, 2021
Country
Hi, i am trying to Find some INFO about This Clock. From i know The Clockmaker is Adolf Hummel and thats it. Very Little info online about it .

Thanks

CCCF2FD7-5E20-415B-AC7C-B02C93F8295E.jpeg 4665D2D1-1F8A-4763-ADDF-BC75802CCCA4.jpeg B0488C2F-E07A-4639-9AAE-85C14EC04A41.jpeg

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
Adolf Hummel , who also traded under the name Regulatorenfabrik Badenia, was founded in 1857 in Furtwangen and went out of business around the beginning of the war.

Is this the sort of information you are looking for ?

JTD

Reactions: Florin21

Tatyana

Jan 2, 2016
Saint Petersburg
Country
Hi, i am trying to Find some INFO about This Clock. From i know The Clockmaker is Adolf Hummel and thats it. Very Little info online about it .

Thanks

Adolf Hummel is an interesting figure in the clockmaking world.
He held several patents.
Movements with his name are common.
The movements of T. Bauerle, Müller-Schlenker, Kienzle were mainly used.

This movement was made by T. Bauerle before WWI.

Florin21

Sep 11, 2021
Country
Adolf Hummel , who also traded under the name Regulatorenfabrik Badenia, was founded in 1857 in Furtwangen and went out of business around the beginning of the war.

Is this the sort of information you are looking for ?

JTD
Yes, This one in The picture can be dated?

Florin21

Sep 11, 2021
Country
Adolf Hummel is an interesting figure in the clockmaking world.
He held several patents.
Movements with his name are common.
The movements of T. Bauerle, Müller-Schlenker, Kienzle were mainly used.

This movement was made by T. Bauerle before WWI.
I haven’t seen before Any mechanism marked AHF?..is rare or just not a known Clockmaker ? Thanks

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
I haven’t seen before Any mechanism marked AHF?..is rare or just not a known Clockmaker ? Thanks
This trademark has shown on these forums in the past.

I am not sure if he is a clock maker (movement maker). I believe he was a case maker.

It was common practice for a case maker or distributor or retailer to purchase unmarked movements from the movement maker and either add his trademark to the movement or have the movement maker add the trademark of the purchaser. As Tatyana stated, your movement was made by T. Baeuerle.

I will add that I have a pendulum bob the same as your bob. My clock with the "swan" bob is a Mauthe.

What you probably have is a Baeuerle movement, Hummel case, dial and pendulum made by an unknown third party. And yet, your clock is all original, as this was common practice in the German clock industry. In fact, a clock with 100% of all components made by one company is a rarity!

Regards.

Florin21

Sep 11, 2021
Country
This trademark has shown on these forums in the past.

I am not sure if he is a clock maker (movement maker). I believe he was a case maker.

It was common practice for a case maker or distributor or retailer to purchase unmarked movements from the movement maker and either add his trademark to the movement or have the movement maker add the trademark of the purchaser. As Tatyana stated, your movement was made by T. Baeuerle.

I will add that I have a pendulum bob the same as your bob. My clock with the "swan" bob is a Mauthe.

What you probably have is a Baeuerle movement, Hummel case, dial and pendulum made by an unknown third party. And yet, your clock is all original, as this was common practice in the German clock industry. In fact, a clock with 100% of all components made by one company is a rarity!

Regards.
As for The movement itself Could be dated Pre 1897 as it doesn’t have The ‘’deer’’ trademark ?

thanks

Tatyana

Jan 2, 2016
Saint Petersburg
Country
As for The movement itself Could be dated Pre 1897 as it doesn't have The ''deer'' trademark ?

thanks
I have almost 400 movements TB in my database, so I'm pretty sure these are 1910s.

T.Bauerle had sequential numbering.
This firm sold movements to many other clockmakers.
You can see the deer on the front board.

189_426.jpg 189_426_.jpg
192_554.jpg 192_554_.jpg

Regards
Tatyana

Reactions: Yahagi and Florin21

Florin21

Sep 11, 2021
Country
Interesting...how much would be Worth This Clock ? I want to know if i overpayed for it

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
Interesting...how much would be Worth This Clock ? I want to know if i overpayed for it
It is almost impossible to say. In a country where this type of clock is common, it might not be worth very much. In another place, where such a clock is seldom seen, it could be worth more. Of course, if it were a truly unusual clock by a particularly important maker, then the value might be more stable everywhere.

Your clock is not unusual but it has some nice features. To know what it is worth in Romania all I can suggest is that you look on various auction sites, such as Ebay Germany, (look under sold/completed sales) and/or ask clock dealers. You will probably get different answers, but they may give you an idea.

In the end, most things are worth what people are willing to pay; if you like the clock and you are happy with it, then that is what it is worth.

Others may be able to give you a better answer, but those are my thoughts.

JTD

Reactions: Florin21 and Yahagi

Florin21

Sep 11, 2021
Country
It is almost impossible to say. In a country where this type of clock is common, it might not be worth very much. In another place, where such a clock is seldom seen, it could be worth more. Of course, if it were a truly unusual clock by a particularly important maker, then the value might be more stable everywhere.

Your clock is not unusual but it has some nice features. To know what it is worth in Romania all I can suggest is that you look on various auction sites, such as Ebay Germany, (look under sold/completed sales) and/or ask clock dealers. You will probably get different answers, but they may give you an idea.

In the end, most things are worth what people are willing to pay; if you like the clock and you are happy with it, then that is what it is worth.

Others may be able to give you a better answer, but those are my thoughts.

JTD
Indeed, it is a nice Clock and had another option for a Gustav for less money but nothing eye-catching... thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyghost
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-