Clock hands

John Greatorex

Jul 19, 2018
Country
Hello again. My name is John Greatorex and I am based in the UK. Thank you everyone for your help in the past. This time I’m interested in clock hands. I wonder if it is possible to purchase new clock hands. I am fed up of bidding for old clocks hands and losing the bid for silly problem and silly postage. I have tried making them but I cannot make the square hole in the middle for the minute hand. It may seem like a silly request but I am sure there must be someone out there who has renovated a nice old clock but cannot get hold of the hands. I would welcome any suggestions regarding this. Thank you again in anticipation.
Regards
John

John Greatorex

Jul 19, 2018
Country
Hello thank you so much for your reply. I must research small needle files, the ones I have are too big (2mm) and they are round. Thanks again. I am very grateful. Regards John

bikerclockguy

Jul 22, 2017
Country
Hello Dean. Thank you for your reply but I am simply a retired hobbyist and I do not have the resources or budget for such technical work. Cheers. John
Timesavers has a wide variety of hands in many styles and sizes. You may not be able to find an exact match, but they probably have something that’s close

D.th.munroe

Feb 15, 2018
BC Canada
Country
Region
I recall my master who was from old blighty, telling me that when Smiths closed sown, there was an entourage following their trucks to the tip.
Hopefully someone got the boxes full of hands.
I have a bunch of stuff that supposedly came from one person in that entourage.
That was the story anyway.

What size and style of hands are you looking for John?
Dan