Clock Decorating Stencils!

Discussion in 'Horological Books' started by Sooth, Apr 20, 2005.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sooth

Sooth Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 19, 2005
    Cabinetmaker
    Cornwall, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a copy (or even a complete photocopy) of the book "Clock Decorating Stencils of Mid 19th Century Connecticut". I'm not looking for the second book "More Clock decoating Stencils" (which is red) but the first book, which has a blue cover.

Any info appreciated. I've looked several places, but the book is out of print.

2. Sooth

Sooth Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 19, 2005
    Cabinetmaker
    Cornwall, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a copy (or even a complete photocopy) of the book "Clock Decorating Stencils of Mid 19th Century Connecticut". I'm not looking for the second book "More Clock decoating Stencils" (which is red) but the first book, which has a blue cover.

Any info appreciated. I've looked several places, but the book is out of print.

3. mrb

mrb Guest

nawcc library

4. Smudgy

Smudgy Registered User

May 20, 2003
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    If your trying to locate a copy to purchase try asking at your local library. I've had some luck using this route.

5. TomT

TomT Registered User

Jan 2, 2003
    A google search will usually find one of the two editions of the book. Also a search on Amazon will usually find it.

Here is a link to one site that has it.

Clock Books

I have both the first (red) and second (blue) editions and both are worth the money.

6. Modersohn

Modersohn Registered User

Nov 15, 2003
    One booksearch engine that I like is Bookfinder.com:

BookFinder.com: Search for New, Out of Print and Used Books

It includes a lot of different online stores, among them amazon, alibris, abebooks, a1books, and many others.

Jessica

7. Fortunat Mueller-Maerki

Fortunat Mueller-Maerki National Library Chair
    NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Life Member NAWCC Member

Aug 25, 2000
    Male
    Horological Bibliographer -
    Sussex New Jersey USA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    This book - though out of print - is sometimes available at the gift shop pof the American clock museum in Bristol CT

Fortunat Mueller-MAerki