• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

cleaning and new stem

W

wsparks

Now that I have the watch open; is it possable to clean with out complete disasembly.the stem was missing so it mas a mess inside also how or who do I contact to get new stem It is a Bulova

W

wsparks

Now that I have the watch open; is it possable to clean with out complete disasembly.the stem was missing so it mas a mess inside also how or who do I contact to get new stem It is a Bulova

C

collin

wsparks,
IMO, a thorough AND inspection of the movememnts components requires disassembly. If the movement is rather common, then (regrettably) ebay may provide you with a replacement, parts, or practice movement at little expense. For example, the Bulova rectangular 7ak is a nice movement and perhaps should not serve as a practice/learning movement; whereas the 8bc(?) is relatively common and easily sourced. May I suggest that prior to doing anything, perform a web search for watch cleaning- there's a load of information out there. goodluck

collin

p.s. in the spirit of the boards, dont forget that hardcopy, manual resource- a good book.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eclectic Oddities
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
How To Open A Pocket Watch Case by Kent