• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Chronographs with unusual pusher arrangements

Bernhard J.

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 10, 2022
Berlin, Germany
Country
Region
I start with a Tissot from the 30s. The dial is black enamel, by the way, and without cracks or hairline. The pusher above the crown starts and stops the chronograph, as usual. Resetting happens by pushing the pusher, which in positioned in the crown. Setting of the hands is as usual by pulling the crown.

I bought this one in the early 90s on a flea market for about 150.-- € . This seems to have been a good investment (although this was not the intention and I keep it anyway).

L1030139.JPG

L1030143.JPG

Bernhard J.

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 10, 2022
Berlin, Germany
Country
Region
L1030144.JPG
L1030147.JPG

18K case. dial without hairlines or cracks, running well. What might this be worth nowadays (conservative estimate)? Just for interest, thinking about the above Tissot apparently having developed a 20-fold value since back then :eek:. No selling intention in both cases anyway.

Cheers, Bernhard

Last edited:

John Cote

Staff member
Director
NAWCC Member
Aug 26, 2000
Midwest USA
www.johncotephotography.com
Country
Region
I am not sure if this Hanhart cal 40 has a particularly unusual pusher arrangement but it is a "mono-pusher" with start/stop/reset all controlled by the single pusher above the crown.

Han_6-13.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stademock
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Steven Thornberry