Chronograph Series

bbwatch

Dec 25, 2002
Is anyone familiar with a series of chronograph repair manuals. I want to know the proper terminology so I can contact the library.

Journeyman

Feb 12, 2007
Exeter Devon UK
Country
Region
Hi,
Complicated Watches and Their Repair by Donald De Carle ( ISBN0 7198 0090 0) gives part names and Swiss part numbers also order of dis-assembly and assembly on 4 wrist chronographs.
Pete

bbwatch

Dec 25, 2002
Thanks, Journeyman - Got that book. It's very good. However, I have heard (as recently as last weekend) of a many book (possibly paperback) series on chronographs. That's what I'm trying to find out about.

Thanks, again. BarryB

Journeyman

Feb 12, 2007
Exeter Devon UK
Country
Region
Barry,
I don't know the book you are talking about but one of my other favourites is The Chronograph its Mechanism and Repair by B humbert who was a teacher at the watchmaking school in Bienne. If you find the book you are looking for I would be interested to know the title and author.
Pete

Steve Settle

Nov 16, 2005
Hi All:

The multi-volume set guychampeau is referring to is called the "Assemblegraph" (sp?) series. I used these back in 1970 while at "Tick Tock Tech" (Gem City College"). There are several calibers covered, but naturally, none after the books were written. Given those limitations, there is a WEALTH of information in the books.

Best Regards,
Steve Settle

Don Dahlberg

NAWCC Member
Aug 31, 2000
The NAWCC Library also has the "Esembl-o-graf : the world's first fully illustrated text book on chronograph repairing and adjusting, Venus Cal. " by William Smith. You can search the Library catalog at http://www.nawcc.org/Library/warning.htm Click on Continueto Library-On-Line and then Search Catalog. As stated above, it is 23 volumes, so if you have a specific question, it might be easier to first send a request to research@nawcc.org and I could look up which volume(s) may be of interest to you.

Don Dahlberg
NAWCC Volunteer

bbwatch

Dec 25, 2002
Thanks, Guys - From the description I got last weekend, I think it is the 23 volume set. Don - Good to know that NAWCC (and probably AWCI) has it in their library. I guess I'd like to get a feel for how long ago they were published, so I can decide which ones I might like to check out.

Barry B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cicastol
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Weekly News 7/7/19 by Tom McIntyre