Help Chronograph Case for Landeron 48

Streetsnake

Feb 28, 2021
Country
I've been looking everywhere for a case and have had zero luck. I'm hoping someone can help. It doesn't have to be gold, as I can have it replated but I'd really like to find a case for this. Please help! I took measurements of everything. I guess the larger dial is making it challenging??
Silver Landeron 48 5.jpg Silver Landeron 48.jpg Silver Landeron 48 1.jpg Silver Landeron 48 2.jpg Silver Landeron 48 3.jpg Silver Landeron 48 4.jpg

glenhead

NAWCC Member
Nov 15, 2009
Williamson County, Texas
Country
Region
Yeah, good luck with that. There's not a snowball's chance you'll get a case without lots of patience and eBay searching. I've overhauled four watches with these wonderful movements, and they were all in high-end heavy gold cases. If you have a movement without a case that means you got the movement from someone who was more interested in getting the $13 of gold out of the case than being patient and selling the complete watch for $2k+ to someone with a clue.

You **might** stumble across a complete watch with a blown movement, but it's going to take time, patience, and money. Good luck. Sorry to harsh your buzz.

Glen

Streetsnake

Feb 28, 2021
Country
Yeah, good luck with that. There's not a snowball's chance you'll get a case without lots of patience and eBay searching. I've overhauled four watches with these wonderful movements, and they were all in high-end heavy gold cases. If you have a movement without a case that means you got the movement from someone who was more interested in getting the $13 of gold out of the case than being patient and selling the complete watch for $2k+ to someone with a clue.

You **might** stumble across a complete watch with a blown movement, but it's going to take time, patience, and money. Good luck. Sorry to harsh your buzz.

Glen
Yeah, I figured as much. I don't mind paying, I just can't find a case that'll work, especially with that "oversize" dial.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Evocatas
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Weekly News 7/7/19 by Tom McIntyre