Chronograph and quarter repeater pocket watch

jjea

Mar 17, 2009
Here we have a chronograph and quarter repeater pocket watch, it works fine keeping time and giving time with a clear chiming. Can you help me to find its manufacturer, and dating? Somebody told me that could be a Movado.
Greetings

Javier

Attachments

Dr. Jon

NAWCC Member
Dec 14, 2001
New Hampshire
Country
Region
The movement is by La Phare.

It looks to have been recased after its original gold case was scrapped but re-casing these is tricky and yours seems to have been done well.

Le Phare made a low end complicated watchess that were well engineered, value products. There are collectable but much less so than the more elaborately made ones by more prestigious makers.

Use it sparingly, these are hard to service.

jjea

Mar 17, 2009
The movement is by La Phare.

It looks to have been recased after its original gold case was scrapped but re-casing these is tricky and yours seems to have been done well.

Le Phare made a low end complicated watchess that were well engineered, value products. There are collectable but much less so than the more elaborately made ones by more prestigious makers.

Use it sparingly, these are hard to service.
Thank's:)I will do.

CZHACK

Apr 28, 2005
Country
Region
Javier - As Dr. Jon states, the movement is by Le Phare. They cased and sold such movements under various Le Phare brand names and also sold movements to other high end makers such as Bulova and others (as noted by kathleen Pritchard). She also notes that Movado registered Remark Watch as a trade mark in 1909. Enjoy. Mike

jjea

Mar 17, 2009
Javier - As Dr. Jon states, the movement is by Le Phare. They cased and sold such movements under various Le Phare brand names and also sold movements to other high end makers such as Bulova and others (as noted by kathleen Pritchard). She also notes that Movado registered Remark Watch as a trade mark in 1909. Enjoy. Mike
Thank you for your interest and information given. I wonder if you can enlighten me about the characteristics of Le Phare movements.
Javier

CZHACK

Apr 28, 2005
Country
Region
Javier - Overall design and governor. Try a google (le phare repeater) and you should find numerous marked versions. Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eeclone
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Weekly News 7/7/19 by Tom McIntyre