• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

Chromed Schatz-49

MUN CHOR-WENG

Sep 5, 2000
Country
This chromed Schatz-49 model with two jewels was made in January 1954, and like most of the Schatz-49 model this one was very well made representing some of the best post-WWII 400-day clocks made by the company. The back plate is similar to Plate 1287.
1634528692252.jpeg
1634528732010.jpeg
1634528777027.jpeg

Except for the wheels, barrels and some small parts such as the hands etc, the rest of the metalic parts of clock were chromed to a mirror finish in most cases.
The clock has fixed non-adjustable anchor and is supplied with two jewels for the anchor pivots. It has a barrel on the third wheel.A very detailed article on various Schatz models fitted with barrel on the third wheel written by Frank Servas, Jr. can be found in the June 2018 Torsion Times.

1634529090798.jpeg

Mun C W

Last edited:

marylander

Sep 9, 2008
Maryland
Country
Region
Mun C W, it is indeed a beautiful clock. The dial color is very nice. I also like the third wheel spring version. Even though, the spring may not help to extend much the time span, it was a good trial.
I have one Kundo chrome clock with square face. But Chromed Schatz with round face looks better.
Congratulations!
Ming

MUN CHOR-WENG

Sep 5, 2000
Country
Ming,

Thank you for you kind remarks. Yes the cream coloured porcelain dial looks nice, better looking than the painted metal dial.
I am sure many of us would like to look at your chromed Kundo, maybe you can post some pictures here to share with us. I have a chromed miniature Kern with round cream coloured dial. I will get some pictures taken and have them posted in a separate thread tomorrow.

Mun C W

MUN CHOR-WENG

Sep 5, 2000
Country
Ming,

Thank you for sharing pictures of your pretty chromed Kundo. It looks great and in very good condition with the original suspension guard in place. In the background I see you have a varied selection of other types of clocks in your collection all nicely displayed. If I am not mistaken I see a Schatz triple chime placed below your Schatz 1000-day clock in the cabinet, a charming clock with a lovely chime.

Mun C W

marylander

Sep 9, 2008
Maryland
Country
Region
Mum C W,
Thank you very much. I love Schatz clocks. Over the years, I collected three Schatz triple chime, three 1000-day and three sets of marine clock/barometer.
I admire all your clocks posted here. Many of them were very fine and rare anniversary clocks.
Ming

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenvu01
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-