Chime Clock Repair

TimeafterTime

NAWCC Member
Jun 29, 2016
Fort Wayne, IN
Country
Region
Hi There Folks,

I have been shopping around for a book title called "Chime Clock Repair" by Steven G. Conover. It comes up on Amazon and Ebay for extraordinary prices. If you want to pay anywhere from $90 to $235 you can have the book. I know it is sold under Timesaves for $28.50 however it's a plastic comb bound book. Is the actual hardback book more desirable to have rather than the plastic comb book? I'm guessing the hardback is no longer in print. What are your thoughts?

9780962476662-us.jpg s-l640.jpg

Danny Fitzgerald

NAWCC Member
Jun 24, 2013
Florida
Country
I have several of Conover’s books in plastic. I have no issues with them. Honestly, I didn’t even know they came hard bound. At any rate, the pictures and diagrams are decent and the verbiage is the same. I would certainly opt for the less expensive. Just my opinion.

sjaffe

Dec 25, 2012
Santa Rosa,CA
Country
Region
Here is what Steven Conover told me when I asked him:

"The second edition Chime Clock Repair has a few added listings of mainspring sizes and maybe another or detail or two. Otherwise both editions are the same. We had to go to the second edition because it was a different page size, binding, and price. It was not because of content."

Stan