Chelsea and Atkins

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by Bruce Barnes, May 19, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bruce Barnes

Bruce Barnes Registered User

Mar 20, 2004
    I will be the recipient of these two clocks and I know a little about the Chelsea but do not know the model name for the Atkins. I have always been a fan of the subtle beading on cases and this Atkins will reside along my Atkins model 260. If anyone knows the model name I would appreciate your help. It has a great label and just some minor case chips.
    The Chelsea is a little perplexing as I wonder about the marketing approach that would have a ships strike in this case style and who they might be appealing to......
    Thanks for any help,
    Bruce

22547_01.jpg 23758_01.jpg

RAK and clocks4u like this.
  2. Dick C

Dick C Registered User

Oct 14, 2009
    Male
    Country Flag:
  3. clocks4u

clocks4u Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 2, 2000
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Love the Atkins!

4. rmarkowitz1_cee4a1

rmarkowitz1_cee4a1 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Country Flag:
    Those look like clocks that just sold @ this Saturday’s Schmitt & Horan’s auction.

If you look up the catalog online, they identify the Chelsea. The Atkins, I do believe has a more standard time & strike movement. Not able to access the catalog myself right now.

RM

5. Bruce Barnes

Bruce Barnes Registered User

Mar 20, 2004
    RM, that's exactly where they came from.I have dealt with them for years and they always have excellent info but I was looking for some data a little bit more informative.
    The Atkins is not a wagon spring nor a fusee, but as you stated, a standard t&s.
    Bruce