Changing the Chime Music

Discussion in 'Clock Construction' started by Reuven, Aug 6, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Reuven

Reuven Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Male
    Medical Engineer (in retirement as a Volunteer)
    Jerusalem
    Country Flag:
    My clock plays Westminster, Whittier and St. Michaels. I want it to play something else. Does anyone know how to go about doing this?

2. Allan Wolff

Allan Wolff Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Male
    Tulsa, OK
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Reuven,
    This is not an easy process, but it has been done. In fact, there is an August 2006 bulletin article titled "The Case of the Missing Barrel" written by Roger and Debbie Tice. The article explains the process they used to re-create a missing music barrel for a bracket clock owned by Dr. Robert Fox. As an NAWCC member, you should be able to access this article from the main NAWCC website. Look under Publications, Watch & Clock Bulletin, Past Issues

Roger, Debbie and Robert are active members of the Tulsa chapter of NAWCC, Cherokee #30. I do not think they frequent this message board, but let me know if you would like to correspond with them and I will see if I can put you in contact.
    Allan

3. Reuven

Reuven Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Male
    Medical Engineer (in retirement as a Volunteer)
    Jerusalem
    Country Flag:
    Allan

Thanks for the information. I read the article and it was very educational.

I would like to take you up on your offer to put me in contact with Roger and Debbie. I believe that after consulting with Roger and Debbie I should be able to produce a barrel to do the job

Best regards
    Reuven

4. ccwk

ccwk Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Sounds like a very interesting project - I hope you can keep us apraised of your progress - all the best