Change date on E Ingraham clock

CopterGene

NAWCC Member
Oct 4, 2020
Country
Region
This clock has a date feature (thin red hand) as well as time. How do I change the date without turning the minute hand twenty four hours? Is there an easier way?

56E06A78-B1CF-4529-9A43-222D4F68572E.jpeg

bruce linde

ADMIN / MODERATOR
NAWCC Member
Donor
Nov 13, 2011
oakland, ca.
clockhappy.com
Country
Region
pretty sure you can just turn it by hand... those are simple increment-by-one-day calendar date indicators. you'd have to manually adjust if/when there's a 30-day month, so just go for it.... probably want to grab it closer to where it's attached so as to not bend the hand... somewhere in the middle should be ok.

Jim Hartog

NAWCC Member
Jan 6, 2010
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Hello CopterGene,

In the calendar mechanism, a pin drives a 31 tooth wheel. This should be set up so that the pin engages the wheel sometime after midnight. That means you should be able to do what Bruce says. If you feel some resistance, the pin may be engaged with the teeth. Wait a couple of hours and then try again. You will have to make adjustments after any month that does not have 31 days.

If you want instructions to set up the clock so that the date change is just after midnight, ask that question and we can help you with that.

Jim

CopterGene

NAWCC Member
Oct 4, 2020
Country
Region
Thank you. It moved easily as suggested by Bruce. Also glad to know about how to handle it if I ever feel resistance.

I suspected that I would be able to move the hand easily but was afraid to try it without knowing for sure.

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
As you rotate the calendar hand, you should hear and feel the hand clicking/jumping at the day marks. If not, the hand is slipping on its shaft. Not a big deal but it will eventually need to be
tightened. Willie X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Furgus2021
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller