$ Centurion 35 day Wall Clock

Newbie2clocks2

Jan 24, 2018
Country
Region
Hi to all,

I acquired a 35 day Centurion Wall clock (one of the corners is chipped badly and will need to be restored).

It had KOREA painted in the back and the Mechanism shows Made in Korea and Numeral 1 stamped on the plate.

I was curious to know what is the age of this clock as well as what could be the price in the market.

I missed clicking a pic so am sharing one from the net.

Thanks,

PP

Sample Image.jpg

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Korean clocks are not particularly valuable, so don't expect to retire on the proceeds. In working condition, worth something like $25.00. Likely dates from around the 1970's or newer.

Newbie2clocks2

Jan 24, 2018
Country
Region
Lols, thanks for the info. I thought this would be priced more in the 100 range, but your input helps.!

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
IF it's working, and working well, you might get $100 in the US.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
I used to sell clocks in an antique store, until a couple of years ago. I would refurbish them, guarantee them for a year, and usually would price them in the $250 to $300 range. If they didn't sell for a year I'd reduce the price as a special sale price. Never had too much problem getting what I asked. You'd be surprised how much the 30-35 day run time was an influence on people. Never sold a mechanical clock for less than $100.

Newbie2clocks2

Jan 24, 2018
Country
Region
Thanks all for the valuable feedback. Had bought this one for @20+ Tax. One corner was chipped and am in the process of restoring it. Will post pics once it is completed for your feedback.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
There's lots of completed sales on Ebay in the $35-$40 range .... but this one brought a pretty decent price. You just have to find the right buyer ;)

Edit: Ooops. I see that was his asking price, but it didn't sell apparently. o_O

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
I used to sell clocks in an antique store, until a couple of years ago. I would refurbish them, guarantee them for a year, and usually would price them in the $250 to $300 range. If they didn't sell for a year I'd reduce the price as a special sale price. Never had too much problem getting what I asked. You'd be surprised how much the 30-35 day run time was an influence on people. Never sold a mechanical clock for less than $100.
I would have a hard time sleeping at night if was selling Korean clocks for $250-300, SB:whistle: They didn't cost that much when new.

Reactions: Kevin W.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
I didn't get that for every clock, just some of them. Usually the price depended on original investment and time spent repairing them :)

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
250 to 300 for this and a estimate of 50 dollars on a French clock. Wow i guess i dont know values.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
It's not a matter of knowing values, Kevin. It's a matter of investment and return. If you sell a clock for less than it costs to repair it, you take a loss. I base my prices on what I need for the work I've done. Most people will be satisfied with an inferior clock if it runs well and lasts for years. Those of us who buy based on quality are in a different class than most people who shop antique stores.
When I offer an opinion on the value of a clock posted here, I try to anticipate what it is, what it will take to repair, and how knowledgeable the person is who asks the question. A really nice French clock that will not be repaired is worth less to most people than a Korean clock that runs. It's a ballet dance, I guess ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4CindyP
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller