Cazadero Redux

M

Marc Orvin

I searched for Cazadero prior to posting this and I note that there has been no mention of him for about one year. Did everyone give up on his crystal business? Does anyone know if he is still in business? Has anyone received anything from him of late?

Thanks in advance for the information.
Marc

M

Marc Orvin

I searched for Cazadero prior to posting this and I note that there has been no mention of him for about one year. Did everyone give up on his crystal business? Does anyone know if he is still in business? Has anyone received anything from him of late?

Thanks in advance for the information.
Marc

M

Marc Orvin

Interesting. 67 views and no responses. Is anybody else out there doing crystal replacements? I've got a 16 size hamilton in a salesman's case that needs new crystals. That's why I was interested in Cazadero to begin with. But if someone else is doing this kind of work for a reasonable cost, I would be interested to know.

Thanks

terry hall

NAWCC Brass Member
Apr 12, 2001
Central North Carolina
Country
Region
have you checked his website...?

at one time he had things on hold...
he could not deliver the goods in a timely manner if i remember correctly...

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
There are lots of people with crystals and some of them sell them.

Steph Helfant sells crystals and will also fit them to your bezel for a fee. Hank Farrar was also doing this for a while, but may have stopped.

You can reach Steph at timekeeper@charter.net or through his eBay handle GreatBuys4Sale.

If you send your request to me, I will forward it to Hank. I don't want to post his email without permission. tom@mcintyre.com

M

Marc Orvin

Thanks to all who have posted.

Yes, I did go to Cazadero's website and tried to contact him through his email. I tried twice over a couple months and never got a reply.

Thanks for the info on Steph and Hank. I dropped a note to Steph. We'll see how it turns out.

I appreciate all the help.

Marc

IowaWatchGuy

Dec 24, 2004
I had 3 crystals fitted by Cazadero the end of April/early May of this year. I had tried his email the very early part of this year with no reply and had just about given up when he replied to my last sent email in May. Turnaround time was I believe 2 weeks and the crystals were great as usual. He may have a spam blocker which trashes some emails?? Just wanted to let you know he is still around and in business.

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
My friend Desmond tells me that Cazadero is still in business and is a good solution if you need a variant crystal with particular specifications. You will have better success on the telephone than by email. I have not done any business with him, but Desmond has.