Casio Wave Ceptor problem

Discussion in 'Watch Repair' started by Kevin W., May 30, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have tried to receive a radio signal for quite a while. Today when i manually searched for a signal. This came on my display. It did not change time when the time moved ahead by one hour this Spring. Its about one hour and three minutes behind now. I took a pic of the display today..

wave ceptor.jpg

2. Skutt50

Skutt50 Registered User

Mar 14, 2008
    Male
    Gothenburg
    Country Flag:
    It appears as if it is in the DST (Daylight Savings Time) mode so one would expect it to switch over.

I am by no means an expert on these but I have been playing around with the Wave Ceptor I have and it took several attempts before i got it to behave properly. Have you checked the manual for how to set up the watch? It requires a number of operations.......

I had to play back and forth with mine in regards to which city I was in and the DST auto/off function before I got mine to behave properly.

From the maps in the guides you should be able to pick up the radio signal in Nepean. Try to leave it in a window facing south or south west over night.

3. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks Skutt.I have a copy of the manual and have ben going through it. I have another Wave Ceptor and its always received the signal fine. The watch is i think maybe three years old but i checked the battery strength, as its solar and its charged well.