• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Casio Wave Ceptor problem

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
I have tried to receive a radio signal for quite a while. Today when i manually searched for a signal. This came on my display. It did not change time when the time moved ahead by one hour this Spring. Its about one hour and three minutes behind now. I took a pic of the display today..

wave ceptor.jpg

Skutt50

Mar 14, 2008
Gothenburg
Country
It appears as if it is in the DST (Daylight Savings Time) mode so one would expect it to switch over.

I am by no means an expert on these but I have been playing around with the Wave Ceptor I have and it took several attempts before i got it to behave properly. Have you checked the manual for how to set up the watch? It requires a number of operations.......

I had to play back and forth with mine in regards to which city I was in and the DST auto/off function before I got mine to behave properly.

From the maps in the guides you should be able to pick up the radio signal in Nepean. Try to leave it in a window facing south or south west over night.

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Thanks Skutt.I have a copy of the manual and have ben going through it. I have another Wave Ceptor and its always received the signal fine. The watch is i think maybe three years old but i checked the battery strength, as its solar and its charged well.

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Getting back to thinking about this watch. Its at least over 2 years old. I am thinking change the battery and seeif it will seek theradio signal.
Any thoughts about battery life?

Skutt50

Mar 14, 2008
Gothenburg
Country
Sorry no clue anout battery time! Try to measure the existing battery and compare with a new.........

The story of my Wave Ceptor is as follows:

I actually found mine at a recycling station and brought it home just for fun. At first it looked dead but I did something (don't remember now) and it started. Turns out the battery had good voltage so my assumption is that it was recently changed and the "watchmaker" didn't know how to reset the watch after a battery change.

Then I started to play with it and had great difficulties to get it to show correct time. But I found a setting that made it work fine, or so I thought. Only a few days ago, when we changed to winter time, it was off again.......

I read the manual again and found the solution. First I had to set the digital time correctly and then in a special mode I had to "zero" the hands to the same time. Then I had to set it to Berlin time (which is the same as Swedish time) and now it is performing perfectly.........

You should have a function where the radio setting is turned on or off. Try changing it to see what happens.

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Thanks Skutt, good information to know. Also since mine is Solar, perhaps charge levels also make a difference in receiving signal.

Skutt50

Mar 14, 2008
Gothenburg
Country
One more thing.......

My watch receives uppdated time during the night..... If I remember correctly it updates e.g. at midnight, 2 and 5 o'clock......

Reactions: Kevin W.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daniel migland
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-