• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

Can't slow it down!!

Tom Kloss

NAWCC Member
Donor
Dec 5, 2003
N.E. Pennsylvania
Country
Region
Elementary questions are the best kind.
Is the clock pendulum or balance wheel regulated. I don't get the synthetic ruby bit if it's a pendulum clock. Can U post some pictures of the movement. .

Tom

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Bruce, welcome to the message board. I have a simlar minigrand. I haven't run it for years and had forgotten that it had a jewelled movement. It sounds like your escapewheel is taking too many teeth on each swing of the pendulum, which will happen more frequently with a fully wound mainspring. You will have to run the movement out of the clock to see what it is doing. Good luck with it. You should be able to regulate it down to a minute or two a week. Harold

Tom Kloss

NAWCC Member
Donor
Dec 5, 2003
N.E. Pennsylvania
Country
Region
Please enlighten me. What sort of a jeweled pendulum movement?

Tom

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Hi Bruce. My clock has a signature on the dial that looks like Schmid. Very hard to read. Says 8 days under that. I haven't had mine apart in about 10 years, was working great when I stopped winding it a few years ago. Let us know if you find anything on yours. I will get into mine if you need help. Minigrand is just my name for it. I don't know what it would officially be called, but it is the smallest working grandfather clock I have ever seen without batteries. Harold

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RJI
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-