Cant Access NAWCC Past Bulletin: Any Help?

Discussion in 'Message Board Help & Notices' started by prideofmatchingham, May 23, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new home of the NAWCC Message Board
    We are glad to see you have found us Guest. If you like what you find here, please let your friends know about us.
  1. Markus Harris

Markus Harris NAWCC Communications Director
    NAWCC Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Interesting. That used to be a common problem until we traced a number of bugs in our nameserver programming last February, at which time the error reports ended and we thought we'd finally found the problem.

Apparently not.

I'll get with Kevin and we'll try troubleshooting it again.

Best,

Markus

2. FDelGreco

FDelGreco Registered User
    Sponsor NAWCC Member Donor

Aug 28, 2000
    Markus:

It sounds like you are addressing the multiple login demands. Good. What is your game plan for addressing no access to some MARTs? I tried it again today and the only MARTs I could open were Nov/Dec 2015 and earlier.

Frank

3. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator

Jan 15, 2004
    I was able to open any issue of the Mart I tried to access, including all of 2016 and 2017 to date.

4. Markus Harris

NAWCC Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Frank,

All archived MARTS before 2016 were created as separate Joomla Contents pages, which were reached by clicking on the MART cover thumbnail image from the archive page. This would open the table of contents sub page, with descriptions and links to various parts of the particular MART in .pdf format.

Starting in 2016, Keith began archiving the MARTS as single .pdf files (without the contents page and without splitting the MART into different .pdfs sections). So clicking on the Mart cover thumbnail no longer works.

You can click on View PDF under any of the new issues cover thumbnails, and it will open the .pdf file of the whole MART.

I'm not sure why Keith changed the way the MART is archived.

I can go back and link the pdf files to all of the newer cover thumbnail images, if needed, to make use of that page more consistent.

5. FDelGreco

FDelGreco Registered User

Aug 28, 2000
    OK. That works. Thanks.

Frank

6. prideofmatchingham

prideofmatchingham Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Can I get some update pl?
    When things were fine in the past, why has it happened now? I am able to access everything, this BOard then why not others?
    Or nobody bothers?

7. Markus Harris

NAWCC Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Mr. Mitra,

You live in an area of the world that has unfortunately been classified by much of the internet as being a zone where many, many spammers register DNS and ISP addresses which are then used for nefarious purposes. That means your ISP address often (if unfairly) falls into a numeric range of mass-blocked addresses which are locked out by many firewall programs and spam blockers.

We have placed your specific ISP on our whitelist in the past, which allowed you access. Your specific ISP must have changed (you might not even know it has changed-- internet companies have dynamic addresses and change their numeric IDs all the time.

A support ticket has been put into operation to reset your new ISP by adding it to our whitelist. However, if your ISP or service provider uses dynamic addressing that often changes, we are unable to keep up with their changes. But we will do all we can to provide you with continuing access.

Regards,

Markus Harris