Please ID this Clock Can you help identify this clock?

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Kelly wilson, Oct 21, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kelly wilson

Kelly wilson Registered User

Oct 21, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    upload_2019-10-21_18-58-45.jpeg
    Hello
    Made by the UNITED STATES CLOCK COMPANY OF NEW YORK. I cannot find any info on this clock or the company that made it. Do you have any info please

2. new2clocks

new2clocks Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Apr 25, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  3. Joeydeluxed

Joeydeluxed Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Country Flag:
    #3 Joeydeluxed, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    The US Clock Co. apparently wasn't a very prolific maker even though their clocks were very high quality. From my bad memory I believe this is known as a Model G. I've had several of these over the years and it took me awhile to find out that information as this model is not shown in any of the clock reference books. I remember that someone at the clock association found it in one of the original catalogs. I've had this model with both a painted dial and in a silvered dial. The case came in different woods such as oak, walnut and mahogany. Great quality movement and usually came with a mercury filled glass pendulum. Now the bad news, the pendulum hangs far too high and if I'm seeing 2 winding holes in the dial, I'm afraid your clock has had the movement replaced. This clock should only have one winding hole as its a time only movement. Interestingly there was a guy selling a complete movement and pendulum for one of these a few years ago. How about some better photos? Send me a private message if you'd like my phone number to discuss privately

4. Kelly wilson

Kelly wilson Registered User

Oct 21, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for the info. It supports what little I’ve found out over the yrs. The only other one I’ve ever seen was off the net several yes ago. It had the mercury pendulum in it. Is there anywhere else on the clock to find out info. ?
    How can I pm you. ?

5. Joeydeluxed

Joeydeluxed Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Country Flag:
    #5 Joeydeluxed, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019