Can someone identify this 1930's Kienzle Art Deco see through desk clock?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by compuscan, Apr 19, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. NAWCC Login Function is Not Working. If you know your username and password for the Message Board, you can log in using the small login link at the upper right.
  1. compuscan

compuscan New Member

Apr 19, 2017
    Can someone help identify this 1930's Kienzle Art Deco see through desk clock?

I asked someone who has some limited knowledge on German clocks who thought it was a very rare see through rectangle model and most similar ones are almost always round. He also said he thought it was a extremely limited production model from somewhere in the 1930's and may have been design by H. Moeller. I tried to search myself using google and did not see another one exactly like it after hours of looking. The gold plating has worn off over time on the brass base. I would appreciate any help in identifying the exact model, year and may be even a little history of this model. It's doesn't look like glass but some type of plastic or even clear Bakelite if that's even possible. It's certainly beautifully made. Also some Kienzle clocks that I have found say "8 Day" on the back winding mechanism in English. This one says "8 Tage" which is German for Day. I don't know if that makes a difference. I hope someone may shed more light on this clock or if their is a place on this clock that may have it's exact model number.

I'll include some photos so you can have a better look at it.

2. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User

Apr 11, 2002
    Nice looking clock i really like it. Hope you do get some more information on it.