Help Can I Mark a Thread I've Read "Unread"?

Discussion in 'Message Board Help & Notices' started by FDelGreco, Dec 26, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. FDelGreco

FDelGreco Registered User
    NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Member Sponsor

Aug 28, 2000
    Male
    Retired chemical engineer
    Novelty, OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Sometimes I'll read a thread and don't have time to post a reply but would like to get back to it later -- sometimes days later. I don't want to forget about it. Is there a way I can mark the thread "unread", that is, make the title bold again? Can I make the bubble in front of the forum name black again?

Thanks.
    Frank

2. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The "read notice" is past of the notification system. When you have unread material, the count of alerts appears with your small avatar at the upper right of the screen.

If you click on your avatar, you can select the alert list in the drop down window. Each of the alerts you have read has a link to mark it unread. If it has not been read, it has a star.

The list is in reverse date order, so the one you are trying to remember may be down the screen a ways and I think there is a time limit when all the alerts clear as they age away, but it is pretty long (maybe 30 days).

3. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Another mechanism to track threads is the "watched thread" list that you can see by clicking on the forum tab in the top navigation bar and selecting it from the drop down list. You can add threads to your watch list by clicking on the link in the upper border. You may have your profile set to automatically add threads to your watch list if you reply to them.