Can anyone shed some light on 4 watches

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by heifetz17, Oct 28, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. heifetz17

heifetz17 Registered User

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Country Flag:
    These 4 watches are part of an assortment I got this past weekend, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding any information about these particular watch brands. Can anyone shed some light on possible age, maker history, and what tool I need to open the two that have screw on covers?

The first two watches are automatic, and the Benrus movement comes out with the case back. when I removed the movement I found the rotor and 3 tiny screws sitting on the case back, so of course it doesn't run. The third watch is a French watch that I can't quite make out the name of, but it also has a strange screw on cover that I need to find a tool for.

The square Lucurne with blue dial runs, although it loses 1 minute per hour. I just can't find any information on it!

IMG_5692.jpg IMG_5693.jpg IMG_5694.jpg IMG_5695.jpg IMG_5696.jpg IMG_5697.jpg IMG_5704.jpg

2. Kevin Neathery

Kevin Neathery Registered User
    NAWCC Member

May 15, 2018
    Male
    IT Security
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Rather typical watch case opener sets will work to open them. If they are too tight or stuck due to age I would highly suggest having a watchmaker open them to prevent a bunch of scratches on the back of the case.

As to trade names and such....I use Mikrolisk to help.

The Benrus though is a rather common brand. They made no in house movements as far as I am aware. They are usually ebauches from other makers that they finished. Not a bad brand and at one point one of the biggest makers in the world. Far different from any later "Benrus" that were quartz junk.

Good haul!

PS....I would bet on the Richard having a Felsa movement in it.

3. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Richard has that cased Felsa look. Maybe a 690?
    The Lucerne will have a pin pallet mvt. RL maybe?
    Third watch probably an AS 1187?
    The Benrus, probably an ETA 930

Kevin Neathery likes this.