Calibre of omega golieth pocket watch

danyboy

Jan 3, 2022
Country
Hi there everyone,I hope your having a good weekend,I'm hoping someone can help,I'm trying to find out the calibre of this movement,so I can purchase a balance staff for it,as measuring the old one is way beyond my tools capability.

20220520_184450.jpg

Skutt50

Mar 14, 2008
Gothenburg
Country
Welcome to the board.

We need more information to identify the movement. Try taking pictures of the front, back and under the dial (without the ruler).

Skutt50

Mar 14, 2008
Gothenburg
Country
Try one of the mainplate showing if there are any numbers stamped under the balance.

If I may take a guess you have a 27 lingues caliber 98 watch.

Last edited:

danyboy

Jan 3, 2022
Country
Try one of the mainplate showing if there are any numbers stamped under the balance.

If I may take a guess you have a 27 lingues caliber 98 watch.
Many thanks,I'll see if I can find one using those details,many thanks dan

Skutt50

Mar 14, 2008
Gothenburg
Country
You often find the caliber stamped under the balance on Omega movements. Too bad it was not the case here.

I don't know where one would find a balance for this watch. Possibly it can be re-pivoted. There is ofcourse also the possibility to cut a new balance.

Be careful with the old broken balance. The measurements can come in handy. Instead of cutting a new staff from scratch one can look for a replacement with one or a couple of dimmensions to adjust.

Good luck.

Reactions: MrRoundel

danyboy

Jan 3, 2022
Country
You often find the caliber stamped under the balance on Omega movements. Too bad it was not the case here.

I don't know where one would find a balance for this watch. Possibly it can be re-pivoted. There is ofcourse also the possibility to cut a new balance.

Be careful with the old broken balance. The measurements can come in handy. Instead of cutting a new staff from scratch one can look for a replacement with one or a couple of dimmensions to adjust.

Good luck.
Thankyou very much for all your advice,I'll keep looking,so far I've found no reference to any info on this movement,must be a little rare,it is a big pocket watch though.

Skutt50

Mar 14, 2008
Gothenburg
Country
I read somewhere that it was an 8 days, car watch.........

Pretty rare and pricy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danarog
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last page
Hard Life for Wristwatches by Roy Gardner