Cable Replacement

BIG D

Mar 2, 2004
Memphis Area, TN, USA
Country
Region
Hello all,
Got a call for a Keininger cable drive. 2 cables have broken and I figure replace all 3. What is the procedure for doing this. The cables have the plate on the bottom of the seat board to hold the cable end, That is easy enough. I am not sure of the procedure for replacing the drum end with the cable guards on and or how to remove them to get to the drum ends of the cables.

Thanks in advance.

BIG D

Mar 2, 2004
Memphis Area, TN, USA
Country
Region
Hello all,
Got a call for a Keininger cable drive. 2 cables have broken and I figure replace all 3. What is the procedure for doing this. The cables have the plate on the bottom of the seat board to hold the cable end, That is easy enough. I am not sure of the procedure for replacing the drum end with the cable guards on and or how to remove them to get to the drum ends of the cables.

Thanks in advance.

MARK A. BUTTERWORTH

NAWCC Life Member
NAWCC Member
Jul 4, 2009
Muscatine, Iowa 52761
Country
Region
The easiest is to remove the drum entirely and replace the cable while the drum is outside the movement. First, before removing the drum, wind the cable until the stopworks engage and mark the work if you are not familiar with them. It will make it easier to reinstall later.

BIG D

Mar 2, 2004
Memphis Area, TN, USA
Country
Region
Thanks Mark, As always Im sure you are right on th money.

If any one else has input it is still welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swhite1750
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller