• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

BWC Pocket watch details unknown.

Macktaggart

New User
Jul 30, 2021
Country
I found this pocket watch amongst my fathers belongings, and can not find any details of it anywhere, year? Gold? Value? etc.
I can not find any Gold stamp on it, but knowing my mother it would be gold, would it be Gold Plate? Or is the stamp obscure somewhere?
It is working perfectly, and in good condition. I am thinking the 60's, it looks very stylish and plain.
Can some one help me with some information about it please.
Thank you in advance.

IMG_6428.jpeg IMG_6430.jpeg

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region
Mack,
Welcome to the NAWCC Forums. :) The watch will have a fine line around the middle that you can pry open with a very thin blade. The Gold, or Gold Filled marking will be inside the rear cover.

Dr. Jon

NAWCC Member
Dec 14, 2001
New Hampshire
Country
Region
If it is gold it will almost certainly have a small punch mark visible on the outside. It can be very small. I do not see it in the pictures but it may be out of sight. Ther is another set of marking for plating whiuch clls out its thickness in microns (millionths of a meter).

Macktaggart

New User
Jul 30, 2021
Country
If it is gold it will almost certainly have a small punch mark visible on the outside. It can be very small. I do not see it in the pictures but it may be out of sight. Ther is another set of marking for plating whiuch clls out its thickness in microns (millionths of a meter).
Thank you for the info, I can not locate any stamp, and to open the back is impossible for me, a professional would be able to without damaging the exterior. I am going to a jeweller next week, perhaps they will locate the stamp. Any idea of year of manufacture, I'm thinking 1960's?

Dr. Jon

NAWCC Member
Dec 14, 2001
New Hampshire
Country
Region
1960's to 1970's is as good as any and better than many. I suspect the movement is very small, a wrist watch movement. The metal conmtent is almost certain to be stamped in teh insode of the back cover.

John Matthews

NAWCC Member
Sep 22, 2015
France
Country
Region
Modern Swiss watches are not my interest, but If you google "BWC swiss pocket watch" you will get many results, e.g.

This appears to confirm the date, that the watch case is plated and that one sold in 2016 for 65€.

John

Macktaggart

New User
Jul 30, 2021
Country
Thank you both so very much, great info for me to know. Regards M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onge
Encyclopedia Pages