Buying supplies in NYC?

Discussion in 'Watch Repair' started by stuperdude, May 18, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. stuperdude

stuperdude Registered User

Jul 12, 2016
    Country Flag:
    Hi Everyone,

I'm a hobbyist working on cleaning up a couple small ladies pendant watches for gifts. I've got them both running, so I'm moving to cleaning/oiling/adjusting but I'm missing a few materials. Does anyone have any recommendations for brick and mortar stores in the NYC area where I could purchase lubricants (KT-22, 9415) and other basic supplies (finger cots/wirebaskets)? I know I can order from Ofrei or Esslinger, but I'd rather avoid paying shipping every time I need one little thing.

All suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

2. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I used to live in Westchester and did business in NYC and can't think of anyone, I always order from Cas-Ker, Jules Borel, they seem to be a little cheaper than Ofrei,

3. Samantha

Samantha Registered User

Jun 28, 2009
    Female
    Precision Instrument Technician
    Central Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  4. stuperdude

stuperdude Registered User

Jul 12, 2016
    Country Flag:
    Thanks Samantha! I found a few online as well, I was really hoping someone could recommend one in particular. I've gone by a few only to find that they really just cater to jewellers.

5. MrRoundel

MrRoundel Registered User
    Donor

Dec 28, 2010
    Real Estate Broker on hiatus
    So. Cal., USA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I remember it being much the same in some of the L.A. suppliers. They were much more cooperative if you arrived at the counter with part numbers, proper measurements, etc., in hand. They want you to make it easy on them, as their margin probably only allows for so much help being given. At least that's how I found in here. Good luck.