Bushing tool maker?

Discussion in 'Horological Tools' started by timelyrestorations, Oct 23, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. timelyrestorations

timelyrestorations Registered User

Jan 26, 2001
    Country Flag:
    I picked this up yesterday. Once cleaned up, it looks like it will be a useable bushing machine. Unfortunately, it came with no reamers or pushers. Does anyone recognize the make? I thought at first Bergeon, but I think there is an L and possibly an H in the barely readable label. I'd like to determine the manufacturer and see if I can find reamers and pushers for my new acquisition!
    Doug

bushing1.jpg bushing2.jpg bushing3.jpg bushing4.jpg

2. praezis

praezis Registered User

Feb 11, 2008
    Germany
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Bergeon may be right. Years ago I had an old type Bergeon with black color that looked similar.
    What diameter for the inserts in the spindle?

Frank

3. timelyrestorations

Jan 26, 2001
    Country Flag:
    Update: I found one reamer tucked in the corner of the box the tool came in. The manufacturer is Bolling. Has anyone heard of them? I can find nothing on the Web. The spindle has a hole diameter of 5mm, while the reamer has a hole diameter of 3.25mm. Perhaps there is some sort of adaptor that is missing to mate the 2? Any thoughts?
    Doug

bolling1.jpg bolling2.jpg bolling3.jpg

4. timelyrestorations

Jan 26, 2001
    Country Flag:
    Wow! Perhaps I have the only one in existence? The deceased clockmaker that this originally belonged to was from Denmark. I've noted a Lake Bolling in Denmark?! Any members who are European experts that may have heard of this manufacturer?

Doug