Bulovia Presidential wrist watch, is it a real brand?

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by Ms. Smith, Jan 16, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ms. Smith

Ms. Smith New Member

Jan 15, 2020
    Female
    Caregiver
    Pensacola
    Country Flag:
    #1 Ms. Smith, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    I have a watch, not in good shape as I prefer to buy the underdogs and see if I can make them work again. I have been collecting since I lucked upon a 1957 solid gold Omega watch in a jar of watches I bought at a thrift/flea market in elberta Alabama 2 years ago, yes it worked and I have been searching for and have found some treasures ever since. Has anyone heard of this brand, Bolivia before? Again, it's in disrepair but it did still wind up and work until the hands detached in the case? I'm wondering if it's related to the Bulova brand? Thanks in advance. Tracy

2. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Welcome, Ms Smith, sounds like a Chinese knockoff that tries to sound like Bulova, kind of like old pocket watches signed Waldron instead of Waltham. If you can upload photos that would help immensely.

3. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Probably not needing to be a Chinese knockoff. The Swiss made millions of pin pallet watches with all sorts of names from Buler to Bulovia Not to mention Cimier and Citron and a whole lot of similar sounding names.

Randy Beamer likes this.
  4. Hawk53

Hawk53 Registered User

Dec 19, 2013
    retired
    native Californian
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Frankenstein for sure...