• For those of you who were having issues connecting to the Forums, it turns out that our modem was not functioning properly. We have replaced it now and the connection to the Forums has been restored. Thank you for your patience.

Bulova Womans watch

Travisanti

Apr 19, 2018
Country
Hello, I received a small sized Bulova womans watch for high school graduation in 1971. It is silver in color. I don't know if they are worth anything or just sentimental. It has been sitting in my jewelry box for years. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Bulova Watch 1.jpg Bulova 2.jpg

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
Country
Region
A look at the movement could help. Bulova didn't always use their own movements though they often improved upon others movements. The watch reminds me of what were selling in the late sixties early seventies. Looks to be stainless steel. Bulova used AS 1012 for the 5AB, 5AC and 5AF movements though these were used earlier, between 1930's-50's. Bulova produced the 5AD in 1952, continuing the model theough to 1966 as 5AR. The 5AH in 1960 and the 5AN in 1966. The 5BA, BC and BD series were made in 1972.

glenhead

NAWCC Member
Nov 15, 2009
Williamson County, Texas
Country
Region
I taught myself to be a watchmaker nine years ago using the Bulova 5AD and its descendants. Yours is certainly in that series. My daughter has three of your style of watch plus two other styles of the 5 series that are the foundation of her collection of eight daily-wear watches.

Unless they've been abused, they clean up nicely and run well. I consider them top-notch movements. Drop me a private message (click on my name and click "Start a Conversation") if you'd like to discuss having it overhauled.

Their primary value is sentimental.

Hope this helps!

Glen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willowind
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Bread Upon the Waters by Tom McIntyre