bulova watchmaster wt

Discussion in 'Horological Tools' started by guychampeau, Jul 10, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. guychampeau

guychampeau Registered User
    NAWCC Business

on the watchmaster cleaning machine model wt...i believe that i understand the wash and rinse cups...the drying cup too...however..the flat plate in the upper right hand corner and the cup without the stem...what are they used for:???:...thanks...

2. glenhead

glenhead Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Telecom Engineer
    Williamson County, Texas
    That's for the straight-from-the-cleaning-solution swish-rinse cup. My sequence (learned from my mentors) is to put rinse solution in both the flat-bottomed cup and two of the ultrasonic cups (I have three ultrasonic cups). Three to four minutes in the cleaning solution, drain well, then dip the basket in the flat-bottomed cup and give it a good swish to get most of the cleaning solution off. Drain well again, and put it in the first ultrasonic rinse cup. Three minutes in Rinse 1, drain well, then straight to Rinse 2 for another three minutes (no swish!) When the rinsing solution in Rinse 1 gets dirty (every few watches (maybe six to eight?)), dump out and wash the flat-bottomed cup, pour the solution from Rinse 1 into the flat cup, pour Rinse 2 into Rinse 1, and put fresh solution in Rinse 2. That way your final-final rinse is in the cleanest solution. The solution in the swish cup can also drive when the solution refresh comes, too, if it gets really nasty looking.

3. Samantha

Samantha Registered User

Jun 28, 2009
    Female
    Precision Instrument Technician
    Central Florida
    I do the same as glenhead with the flat space and flat cup, except that I put the basket in the dryer for a few spins between solutions to spin off the excess.
    Samantha

4. guychampeau

NAWCC Business

great advice thanks...i just picked-up this machine...

5. Samantha

Samantha Registered User

Jun 28, 2009
    Female
    Precision Instrument Technician
    Central Florida
    I've had mine since 1978 and love it!
    Samantha

6. guychampeau

NAWCC Business

is there a tube missing...left hand corner??...i ran one of my watches ( not a customers!!) through it and it cleaned great....just curious..thanks... 022.jpg

7. neighmond

neighmond Registered User

Jan 31, 2003
    Horologist, Teacher of Horology
    Rural Iowa
    Nothing missing. You might cut a pill bottle end or something to keep solutions out. You plug a tester into that socket to diagnose problems in the circuitry. They are nice machines.

Cheers!

Chaz

8. guychampeau

NAWCC Business

oh my!!...when i got the machine a pill bottle cap like you mentioned fell out...my first thought..."how did that get in there?"...thank goodness i take pills.....and for your advice most of all...thanks...