Bulova Accutron 18k Gold Watch

JoyF

Jun 4, 2013
Has anyone ever seen a Bulova Accutron like this? I had a jeweler check it, and case and band are 18K solid gold. Movement is a 214 H. It is a 1964. Thanks. attachment.jpg attachment.jpg attachment.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

More pics. M4 is the date code. I can post pics of inside if wanted. attachment.jpg attachment.jpg

Attachments

JoyF

Jun 4, 2013
Thanks. I just didn't know if anyone would have any other info on it, as I could only find one other in like a newspaper ad picture online. I guess there is not much more to know about it.

Accutronica

Nov 21, 2016
Texas
Country
Region
Thanks. I just didn't know if anyone would have any other info on it, as I could only find one other in like a newspaper ad picture online. I guess there is not much more to know about it.
Not a whole lot they can do without some serial numbers and photos of the movement and inside the case.

Accutronica

Nov 21, 2016
Texas
Country
Region
That's better. The "H" in 214H means that the movement came from the factory with a hack spring installed. What is the number at the bottom right side of the movement? I can't tell what it is.

Jeff Hess

Gold Business Member
Sep 3, 2000
Florida
www.ballwatchusa.com
Country
Region
couple fo anecdotal comments, these from own experience (not hard research)

18k 214's are scarce enough. Highely desirable. Out of the thousands of 214's I have owned perhaps 2% are 18k

And out of these, I have never owned an 18k white gold one.

I think you may have something quite rare.. but please check to see if this is white goldplated over yellow or rhodiumed!

Thanks for sharing and good luck!

Jeff

Dr Evil

Banned
Feb 10, 2017
Country
OMG I don't believe what I'm seeing !

That is the watch I've been looking for !

It's a ultra rare 1964 Bulova Accutron Swiss Chapter Ring 18kt Solid White Gold Case & Bracelet with 4 Baguettes Diamond Hour Markers !

hite%20Gold%20Case%20amp%20Bracelet%20%20with%20Baguettes%20Diamond%20Hour%20Markers_zps5ae1cac4.gif

Your watch is the first time outside of this Swiss ad that I've ever seen one !

This dial is from myBob dial30.jpg And shows the 4 Baguettes Diamond Hour Markers !

More Accutron 214 information can be found at The Accutron Resource Forum http://accutronfacts.freeforums.net/

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
Country
Region
couple fo anecdotal comments, these from own experience (not hard research)

18k 214's are scarce enough. Highely desirable. Out of the thousands of 214's I have owned perhaps 2% are 18k

And out of these, I have never owned an 18k white gold one.

I think you may have something quite rare.. but please check to see if this is white goldplated over yellow or rhodiumed!

Thanks for sharing and good luck!

Jeff
Rhodium is overplated over white gold to keep it looking good.

JoyF

Jun 4, 2013
Yes, I've had the watch checked by a jeweler. Solid 18K band and case.

itspcb

NAWCC Member
Aug 6, 2006
UK
Country
Region
Not quite as exotic but fairly rare.
A 218D movement in an 18K solid pocket watch case, working fine too.

Attachments

itspcb

NAWCC Member
Aug 6, 2006
UK
Country
Region
There is no reason to think otherwise.
Any others out there?
Peter

itspcb

NAWCC Member
Aug 6, 2006
UK
Country
Region
Ah, that's the first picture I have ever seen of this model, even better in a Bulova catalogue, thanks.
Peter

oyster

Feb 15, 2017
Europe
Country
Beautiful watch. This is why I'm a watch enthusiast. You never know what interesting time piece you might find.

Our 2021 National Meeting in Hampton Roads Virginia
Topic related ad experiment