Watch Help Bulova 9AT

slinfiniti

Oct 12, 2011
Good day,

I am seeking one of two parts. I am looking for a complete balance fora Bulova 9AT or a 9AT movement. My watch repairman accidentally damaged mine. I have looked in the usual places and this is why I am here. I would appreciate any insight
Are there compatible complete balances that I could use for the 9AT?

Thank you very much in advance.

Brian

slinfiniti

Oct 12, 2011
Of course it would be reserved for them only. This journey has taken more twist and turns. Patience will be my friend

4thdimension

NAWCC Member
Oct 18, 2001
Country
Region
If you want a 9AT movement that needs to be restaffed (hairspring etc. is good) let me know. I see it is also marked as a Font 6 on the dial side.-Cort

Reactions: roughbarked

slinfiniti

Oct 12, 2011
My dilemma is that I have a 9AT movement that needs a complete balance. I am of the understanding from my watch repairman that is what I need to get the watch operational.

DA2DE98B-CF69-4F61-8CD8-EA24B32DC3B5.jpeg

Dave T

NAWCC Member
Dec 8, 2011
NC
Country
Region
The watch you have most likely has a complete balance but needs a new staff. And a good repairman could replace the staff.
Can you post a picture of the movement?

Reactions: 4thdimension

4thdimension

NAWCC Member
Oct 18, 2001
Country
Region
For starts, you have connect the hairspring stud to the balance cock. The hairspring looks like it will work. I think you may only need a staff (if yours is broken) and a watch repairer who can put it together.-Cort

Reactions: Dave T

slinfiniti

Oct 12, 2011
Dear Cort,
The watch repairman I am using indicate I need a balance complete, perhaps that is because what your suggesting is beyond their expertise. Do you know someone who I could send it too ?

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
Country
Region
What country are you in?
Any capable watchmaker should be able to give a better quote.
Although it is not uncommon for a balance complete to be the only answer.
I'd like to see how it went after the stud was reconnected and the hairspring flat round and concentric tests applied.

slinfiniti

Oct 12, 2011
I am in Raleigh NC. The feedback I received from two watch repair facilities was I need a balance. One shop quoted me $150 for a new balance complete, $175 to service the watch, $75 for a new crystal. Needless to say I was not born yesterday.

slinfiniti

Oct 12, 2011
I would like your assistance, that being said, it really comes down to price. There is a slippery slope in restoration costs and sensibility. What would you estimate the repair to be. Thank you for taking a vested interest in my little challenge

Brian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellywiglesworth10@gmail.
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-