Bulova 7AK upper cap jewel

klevay

Jan 24, 2010
South Florida
Region
Hi!
I have a beautiful Bulova watch with 7AK 21j movement and a cracked upper cap jewel for the escapment wheel. I wonder if anybody can tell me what size of the replacement cap jewel will fit in this plate. Thank you in advance.

klevay

Jan 24, 2010
South Florida
Region
Peter, I know that Jules Borel has them in stock, but what about the jewel size. Is there a way (Bestfit, etc.) to find out the correct size? I tried to google for this info, however could not find anything.

psfred

Sep 25, 2009
I don't understand, why do you need a size when a replacement jewel in setting is in stock? As supplied it will fit exactly.

Peter

Samantha

Jun 28, 2009
Central Florida
Country
Region
klevay,
When cap jewels such as what you have are replaced, the jewel and setting that it is in are replaced as one piece. The jewel is not normally removed from the small plate that it is in and replaced with a new jewel - it is replaced as an assembly.
Samantha

klevay

Jan 24, 2010
South Florida
Region
Samantha, I didn't know that all cap jewels are sold already set in a plate. Thank you for the clarification. I happened to have a few friction cap jewels of different sizes lying around and thought that I could just replace the jewel in its plate. I ended up extracting the cracked jewel and measuring its hole. The size is 90. Problem solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtvx
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff