• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Bulova 1976 Anniversary Clock

dinhaig

New User
Sep 15, 2021
Country
I received a 1976 Bulova Anniversary Clock from my niece that was given to my parents. The clock is battery operated and when I put battery in keeps perfect time. However, the pendulum with 4 globes does not turn. There are no numbers on the back of the clock, just the word Germany. Bulova directed me to this forum. Any ideas as to how to get the pendulum to turn.
[ATTACHREUSE]

clock.jpeg.jpg

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
Many have died from corrosion. If the Bulova people (New York) can't help you find a repairer, you may just have to let that one go ... :( Willie X

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Can we see the back of the movement? Usually the pendulum is turned mechanically while the time is quartz controlled.
I'll move this to the 400 day forum for more input.

Ken M

Feb 28, 2009
Holiday, FL
Country
Region
I get a kick out of how these battery clocks make an attempt to mimic a mechanical clock. This one is fascinating.

Burkhard Rasch

NAWCC Member
Jun 1, 2007
Twistringen
Country
Region
Would the Op please post some pics of the clock´s back? I´m pretty sure Bulova didn´t produce that clock but bought it from a contemporary german manufacturer , e.g. Kern , KundO or Hermle.These firms used different concepts of how to get the balls turning so any advice depends on the method employed in that clock. It looks as if Your clock contains a Hermle movement , the chances are good to get it repaired.
And : wellcome to this message board, dinhaig!
Burkhard

clksmyhobby

Jan 29, 2011
Central Florida
Country
Hello dinhaig,
I have one of those, operated by Hermle 967 type movement. From your photo, it looks to have a broken suspension spring, just like mine at purchase. Open the back to verify Hermle type quartz movement. Spring should be available from Timesavers or other clock parts store.

Best regards,
Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndavidcham
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-