Bulle - have you every replaced your fork?

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by mopydick, Feb 28, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mopydick

mopydick Registered User

Jul 12, 2016
    Country Flag:
    I'm having some trouble replacing the fork on this shaft. I can press the fork on, but the interference fit isn't very tight. It doesn't take much wiggling of the fork for it to fall off.

I think the problem is the 'shelf' that the fork sits upon (red arrow) has taken on a profile similar to the light blue side view. If the profile was more like the yellow slide view, the fork would have a better matting surface to conduct its interference fit.

Seems like I'm going to either have to machine the shaft a bit to make the interference surface square and true. Or, if I wanted to be a bit hacky, a dab of super glue could be a solution too, but I'm not too keen on this approach.

I'm left wondering if the fork replacement procedure does normally involve a bit of clean-up machining or was I just unfortunate to have a shaft that has had its fork replace too many times leading to the shaft wear.

Thanks for any comments,

Peter

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      File size:
      902 KB
      Views: