Bulle Clockette

instarclock

NAWCC Member
Mar 23, 2009
Galveston
Country
Region
Hello All

I finally got around to taking some photos of my newest clock. A Bulle Clockette in a four-glass and marble case. It’s been running steadily (although a little fast) since November.

I bought it at our local chapter’s one-day sale last November.
Thanks for looking.
Rt

F79F4032-E95B-4BB5-AF83-5CF8C49EF773.jpeg A133543A-EB2C-44D9-A4E6-BE365B532455.jpeg

PatH

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 5, 2014
Texas
Country
Region
Great clock! What are the case dimensions?

sophiebear0_0

Nov 5, 2012
Hi

Nice clock.

Its difficult to be 100% certain from your photos, but it does look like the iso-spring is under some tension. I base this on the separation of the coils. if you slacken off the tension in the iso spring a tad (by moving the lower bobbin up slightly), you will slow the clock down. The iso-spring adjustment is quite sensitive, and 1 mm movement in the spring will typically result in a change in timing of approx 5 mins /day.

Fine regulation is best achieved from adjusting the rating nut.

Regards,

Peter

instarclock

NAWCC Member
Mar 23, 2009
Galveston
Country
Region
Hi

Nice clock.

Its difficult to be 100% certain from your photos, but it does look like the iso-spring is under some tension. I base this on the separation of the coils. if you slacken off the tension in the iso spring a tad (by moving the lower bobbin up slightly), you will slow the clock down. The iso-spring adjustment is quite sensitive, and 1 mm movement in the spring will typically result in a change in timing of approx 5 mins /day.

Fine regulation is best achieved from adjusting the rating nut.

Regards,

Peter
Thanks Peter. You’re right, the clock does run a little fast. I haven’t done anything about it (so far) because I bought another, larger and older Bulle clock last August at a regional. I managed to totally destroy it by trying to adjust it before I understood how it worked. For now, I’m leaving this one alone. I’ll get the courage to tackle it someday. But for now it runs, and that’s more than I can say for the other one. :(

Thanks for the good advice and here’s my other Bulle clock.

2AC5F3C2-38A5-4E64-871F-18DCBBE1D188.jpeg

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spiketock
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
How to wire a 24 volt secondary for a 12 volt ITR/IBM Master clock system by Toughtool