Bulkhead Clock Case

Discussion in 'Clock Case Restoration and Repair' started by Omexa, Aug 3, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Omexa

Omexa Registered User

Feb 28, 2010
    Hi, after I get all the old Black Paint and Polish up the Brass Case, should I Clear Lacquer it? Regards Ray

2. novicetimekeeper

novicetimekeeper Registered User
    Donor

Jul 26, 2015
    retired and on my second career
    Dorset
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    if you don't want to keep polishing it

3. Time After Time

Time After Time Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Retired General Dentist
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    You can also try applying a couple of coats of renaissance wax. You'll need to reapply it every year or two but it's easier to apply than lacquer and it's much easier than polishing the brass again. See this link for details. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_Wax You can buy it from a lot of online retailers

If you still want to go the wax route but don't want to spend that much, go with a good quality auto wax, apply multiple coats and keep up with a reapplication schedule.