Building My Own Wristwatch

Discussion in 'Clock Construction' started by MicroDan, Mar 23, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MicroDan

MicroDan New Member

Nov 24, 2017
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Hello Friends,

I'm starting to build my own wristwatch. I would like it to be no bigger than 45 mm as my wrist is not so big.

I would like to use the following components

17 jewells mechanical hand winding 6497 movememt in a case of 45 mm, if possible - I'm looking for mechanisms made of alloys used in swiss watches like this.

I would like a sugestion on the dial, i want ot to be millitary style or vintage.

I also would like a sugestion on what indicators that would mach.

I am having trouble on my own in picking the parts as i dont know what matches with what.

2. Allan Wolff

Allan Wolff Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Male
    Tulsa, OK
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello MicroDan,
    It sounds like you are making your watch from components. Have a look at this Youtube video by Mark Lovick of a similar project using a 6498 movement.
    If you search on ebay for "Corgeut Case" you will find a number of case styles. Most are some type of stainless steel with various finishes although I don't know if they are the 431 stainless steel referenced in your link.

Keep us posted on your progress. I would love to see how this comes together.

Allan