BUECHE-GIROD a seriously quality Swiss watch source?

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by artbissell, Oct 20, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. artbissell

artbissell Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Dec 4, 2009
    1979 startup ABCO Industrial Sales
    Boulder, CO Foothills
    Region Flag:
    #1 artbissell, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    Not finding much info about Bueche and wife Girod that started watch sales, (and production?), 1947. Both novelty w.w. and miniature alarm clock I have are high quality but likely not their design and production. 1 inch diameter clock is a practical musical alarm with loud little cylinder. It was the favorite item in a miniature clock collection of WW2 air force lady pilot obtained when in europe. I was recently surprised to very reasonably acquire the best grade gold coin w.w. with hidden movement available from many high grade Swiss watch companies 1960s(?) It is marked internally and on dial B-G. Identical to those from Piaget and Patek. Photos do not include movements; afraid to open. So hoping to learn history and capability of B-G and maybe someone knows or has photo of the extremely thin coin movement. Mine has been used and not serviced and runs freely. artbissell

documents4 164a (2).jpg 4206005_1_l.jpg IMG_3565a.jpg IMG_3584a.jpg IMG_3588a.jpg IMG_3571a.jpg IMG_3580a.jpg

2. artbissell

artbissell Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Dec 4, 2009
    1979 startup ABCO Industrial Sales
    Boulder, CO Foothills
    Region Flag:
    From USAF pilot Co. Jane Robbins estate sale. art b.

3. Jeff Hess

Jeff Hess Moderator
    Sponsor Gold Business Member

Sep 3, 2000
    Male
    watches
    Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    This is from memory so forgive me if I have this a little wrong, but as I recall this was a miami -based company who made some pretty decent watches. They even made for Cartier briefly.

They typically are not all that collectable in many circles but don't let that stop you. Cool stuff!