• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

BUCO clock parts

Lcodd6

May 13, 2015
Country
Hello,

i received this Buamann CH-9444 clock from my grandmother. I don't know much about it but I would like to get it working. It's missing the two weights and clock hand cap. Does anyone know where I can get these? Is it not worth it?

any help would be greatly appreciated. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

leeinv66

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Mar 31, 2005
Launceston Tasmania
Country
Region
Hi there Lcodd6, these clocks are considered novelty clocks and were made by several different manufacturers. Any parts you are missing will have to be made or sourced from a donor clock as none are available from any parts supplier. These are not particularly valuable clocks, but they are fun to watch in action (I own several). Here is a thread devoted to these clocks. Click Here

Burkhard Rasch

NAWCC Member
Jun 1, 2007
Twistringen
Country
Region
please show a closeup of the central shaft.If my memory still serves me the single hand is pinned without a cap.For weights use two plain field stones ,one of ca. 1 kilogram and one of about 250 gramms and a hemp rope of about 5mm thickness.Try to wrap the rope around the stones in a kind of basket manner and get the rope in the (rough) slot of the rope wheel (lowest).The difference of the weights will let the clock go with the small weight pulling the rope into the nodge of the wheel.It looks like everything else is there,the pin can be cut from a match or a toothprick .HTH
Burkhard