Help British Wentworth BSW 5/32" Brass Hex Nut Needed

a novice

May 28, 2019
Country
To all, by any small chance does anyone have a British Wentworth BSW 5/32" Brass Hex Nut. I am repairing a vintage British Mantle clock, circa 1910-1920, (no brand name) in which the mounting ears are held to the frame by two jam nuts in each position and needless to say I am missing one nut. the unit is in good shape other than the missing nut. I have extensively looked on the net, both the US, Britain, and abroad, and only finding one source in Australia. The Brass hex nut particulars - 0.156” thread OD, 32 TPI, a 0.030” thread pitch, 0.098” thick and ~0.255” across the wrench flats. The hex nut in Australia is slightly thicker at 0.130" which is not a problem and I can reface it to the 0.098".
I thank you in advance.
Regards, A Novice

a novice

May 28, 2019
Country
Yes. As my plea mentioned, I only need one brass hex nut and I am most willing to pay.
Regards,
a novice

a novice

May 28, 2019
Country
Where are you? I've lot of brass BSW nuts, FOC if you're in UK.
Mike, Unfortunately I reside in one of your former colony's and then at the almost farthest side, otherwise in America, Washington State, the city Spokane. We are 300 miles due east of Seattle on Interstate 90.
If no other member responds to my plea, would you be willing to put a couple of 5/32" Brass hex nuts in an envelope and send them this way. I will, of course, be more than willing to reimburse you for your kindness.
Regards, A Novice

a novice

May 28, 2019
Country
Mike, Unfortunately I reside in one of your former colony's and then at the almost farthest side, otherwise in America, Washington State, the city Spokane. We are 300 miles due east of Seattle on Interstate 90.
If no other member responds to my plea, would you be willing to put a couple of 5/32" Brass hex nuts in an envelope and send them this way. I will, of course, be more than willing to reimburse you for your kindness.
Regards, A Novice
Mike, I should have mentioned in the above, I do have a friend in Sheffield if you are not to far away. I shall ask him first, though. Thank You.
Regards,
A Novice

Mike Phelan

Dec 17, 2003
West Yorkshire, England
Country
Region
We're only about 40 miles from Sheffield, so if nobody else nearer to you I can post a couple to them, FOC of course.
If so, please give me a week or two as it's too cold to firkle around in the workshop. If you PM me I'll give you my email address.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
le5100kw
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff