Bristol Clock Reproduction?

BHB 1991

Apr 5, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
Region
Has anyone ever heard or seen anything like this? It is new to me. Supposedly it was a limited production run and I am trying to learn more about it. I have no idea how old, either.
Thanks!

Attachments

shimmystep

Mar 5, 2012
Cambridge, UK
Country
Region
Hi BHB
From Antique Clocks ID/price guide, hope it helps. Looks like there was a choice of dial colour.
330.jpg
The Woodbridge, Manufactured by Bristol Clockworks, New York. Serial number 0175 of 3000, utilizing the B. B. Lewis Perpetual Calendar Mechanism Originally Patented December 29, 1868, all taken from the Limited Edition label. Inscribed on the gilt pendulum is, "Limited Edition, 0175, Serial Number, J. W. Simmons". The oak case is 37.5" high and quarter sawn like #329. It is a heavy well constructed case. The only dinky part is the little finial on top. Both doors have a key lock very nearly like the Seth Thomas door locks. The 8 day movement and gong are identical to #329. The lower, calendar movement, looks to be an exact copy of the B. B. Lewis calendar mechanism. A good looking reproduction that should give years of service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredericdb
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller