• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Brimfield Antique Market- good stomping ground for clocks?

Billy

Dec 14, 2004
Western NY
Country
Region
Hi All,
Heading to Brimfield, Mass. antique flea next week. Never been there, so just wondering if anyone else has and what are the chances of finding some good deals?
Billy :cool:

Billy

Dec 14, 2004
Western NY
Country
Region
Hi All,
Heading to Brimfield, Mass. antique flea next week. Never been there, so just wondering if anyone else has and what are the chances of finding some good deals?
Billy :cool:

Ralph

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2002
Country
Serendipity rules, whether at Brimfield or in your own back yard.

Cheers, Ralph

Warren Brook

NAWCC Member
May 27, 2005
Atlanta
Country
Region
I visited Brimfield this week one year ago and didn't find any clock treasures. Saw one questionable Chelsea wall regulator in poor condition and a number of junky mantle and kitchen clocks, all at retail pricing.

I did find and buy a couple of old Seth Thomas clocks that weekend at tag sales outside of Brimfield.

Maybe you will have better luck at Brimfield.

Ralph

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2002
Country
I was wandering around my metaphorical back yard, less than a mile from home and gathered this one in, this past Saturday.......

Missing a hand, so got it cheap.

http://www.astro5.com/raf/Ebay/SHball4.jpg

Cheers, Ralph

RL

Mar 28, 2004
Country
Ralph,
Nice catch. This is the one that some refer to as a ferris wheel clock.

Ralph

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2002
Country
The one on ebay is made in China and is a replica of a notable clock found in the forbidden city.

Mine is made by Sinclair Harding, a current English clockmaker. He does not offer this model any more.

Cheers, Ralph

L

ladutka

Howdy all,
As a lifelong resident of Brimfield, I look forward to the flea markets.. I find a lot of great deals for my clock business. Finding hard to find parts, tools, haggling and whatever.

The Brimfield Flea market is the place to go.. The really best times are the first show in May, when the dealers had 8 months to gather and store the items. The July is always the smallest, due to the heat and other people traveling. The September show is a good show since the dealers want to clear out ther stock and get ready for the fresh stuff for the next May show.

The best time to buy is usually the final weekend, Saturday's the best since the dealers want to get the items sold and may hack the price in half so they won't have to pack it. Usally the bigger, the more desperate to sell it off rather than hauling it unless they have another show to display and maybe get their asking prices.

I wanted to pass this on since I live in town and it's walking distance for me. I really look forward to it each time now.

Good luck in your quest.

Les

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irishbogs
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-