$ Brewster and Ingraham Steeple Clock

River Croft

NAWCC Member
Feb 23, 2013
Brewster and Ingraham brass time and strike movement. Dial has been poorly painted and actually reversed. Reverse painted tablet appears to be original and in good shape. Wood case is coming apart at the seams but the surfaces are quite good. Will need a lot of work on the case. I need an "as is" and restored value.
Bob

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Tran shows quite a few different steeples by Brewster and Ingraham, with prices from $350 to $1,600. Lacking pictures, pretty hard to give you anything else. I wouldn't give much for it sight unseen, by your description.

River Croft

NAWCC Member
Feb 23, 2013
I think I figured out how to attach a picture. Also, the movement has brass springs and appears to be a one day. The movement has the Ingraham name with an 's at the end.
It appears also to be a marriage because of extra holes for the wooden mounting block at the top of the movement and where the gong base is screwed to the back. By some creative reading of a label in very poor condition it seems to say WM. L. G---B--- CO. That could be William L. Gilbert Company - possibly the Gilbert of Winstead, CT?
Did Brewster and Ingraham's supply movements to Gilbert? Even if they did,why are there extra screw mounting holes?

I think I have a poorly done marriage with $0 value.
Bob 100_1175.jpg 100_1177.jpg 100_1184.jpg

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
You will have to show a good picture of the label. The 30 hour movement and dial certainly are Brewster and Ingraham, and the case looks like it could be as well. Perhaps the backboard was taken from a Gilbert clock. If it was in perfect mint shape, it would be in the $300-350 range going by Tran Duy Ly's pricing. The tablet looks like it might be a Fenn.

River Croft

NAWCC Member
Feb 23, 2013
I'll try a picture of the label. It is barely legible.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GigEm76
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller