Breitling (vintage only) Share yours please!

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by Jeff Hess, Jan 24, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jeff Hess

Jeff Hess Moderator
    Sponsor Gold Business Member

Sep 3, 2000
    Male
    watches
    Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Like Cartier with their gold plated models and Rolex with their gold filled and chrome cases, one of my other favorite brands made some cool and unusual variants. Rolex before "hitting their stride" made gold filled, gold plated and even "paste gemstone" watches. Chrome, gold plated, gold clad you name it.

I am curious today though about Breitling. Having owned a vintage store for 35 years, I have seen (mostly) AWESOME examples of odd and unusual Breitling's come in the door. Many I thought were fake turned out to be factory "put togethers". Many especially during the turbulent 1940's thru 70's with the confusion over Wakmann, Gigandet, Breitling "co-branding"-fest.

Current conventional wisdom from "Experts" dictates that Those most of those cheaper Venus models (esp those that have "double back case" are fake. Many say that those that are co-branded with Gigandet are fake also.

Please share your examples of these "Early" pre-806 Breitlings! (everyone is fixated on Rolex, but Breitling history is AWESOME and arguably much more diverse and for sure as collectable...)

Jeff Hess